Project Coordinator – VSF Germany
|Gross Salary:||1400 – 1500 USD subjected to all statutory deductions|
|Duty Station:||South Kordfan State –Dilling – with frequent travel to the field offices &localities within the Sate|
|Duration:||one year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability|
|Closing Date:||07 June 2021|
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
Leadership and management
- Provide leadership to the project team in fulfilling of the project objectives
- Provide guidance and create conditions necessary for the effective execution of project by the staff team, partners as well as the community.
Operations & Technical Backstopping
- Responsible for all aspects of delivering a high quality, effective and accountable project.
- Provide staff with direction and inputs at all stages of the program cycle including technical backstopping.
- Ensure timely implementation and reporting of all project activities in the area of operation.
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and high quality reports and project proposals developed by other staff.
- Provide technical support and backstopping to the implementation of projects
- Coordinate and provide guidance to Project officers in project implementation and organize of regular meetings to review and update progress or work.
- Prepare with PM’s and follow project work plans for the area of intervention.
- Directly involved in the planning, designing, implementation, supervision/monitoring and evaluation.
- Systemisation and control of reporting from the field through the review of all financial and narrative reports before submission to the donors.
- Frequent travel to the field locations to monitor implementation progress and capacity building.
- Ensure safety of project assets through the PM’s is prioritized and controlled accordingly.
- Liaise with Logistics, Finance to facilitate operational processes are executed in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Ensure donor compliance in project implementation.
- Ensure staff safety and security, including activating and managing the contingency plan for his area.
- Ensure qualified staff are promptly recruited and managed through their respective line manager.
- Strengthen performance management system by ensuring staff appraisal done and clear performance goals are agreed upon.
- All project staff grievances and disciplinary issues are managed appropriately.
- Ensure VSF Germany representation in area of activity.
- Participate in inter-NGO / UN Coordination meetings, and any other relevant inter-governmental institution in the area of intervention;
- Keep and share information from INGO meetings and government correspondences.
- Ensure that VSF Germany is represented in coordination forums and sector meetings
- Share security information with CD and remain the security focal point for the area of jurisdiction.
- As assume the role of PM in case of absence or unexpected vacancy of a PM within the area.
- Any other work related duties as requested by your line manager.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- The preferred candidate will possess a Minimum Bachelor’s or Master degree in project management , Veterinaries science, Agriculture , livestock production, or any other related field with sound and related experience in INGO operations and management.
- 5+ years’ experience in project and program management with significant financial and budget management responsibility
- Experience of implementing and developing systems and processes for participatory monitoring, reporting & evaluation, program reviews & assessments
- Program cycle management and quality assurance
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- High level of computer literacy including high level of Microsoft Word and Excel Skills.
- A proven team player with ability to plan own work, manage competing
- Priorities and work under pressure when required
Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
Only short listed will be contacted
Closing date is 7th June 2021
Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street
Women are encourage to apply for this position
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)