Food Security Officer – VSF Germany
|Gross Salary:||800 USD and subjected to all statutory deductions|
|Duty Station:||South Kordfan –Abasyia office with frequent travel to the localities within the Sate|
|Duration:||one year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability|
|Closing Date:||07 June 2021|
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Engages primarily in the implementation of livestock /livelihood component of the emergency project in accordance with project design, implementation planning and other interim plans;
- Participates in the development of a detailed implementation plan with staff and partners/stakeholders;
- Ensures that each project component of the project are interlinked and comprehensively covered;
- Provides technical assistance and support to other team members of the project.
- Makes sure that project activities are performed in line with the work plan;
- Participates in project activity and budget planning
- project implementation, monitoring, follow up and evaluation at field level
- Ensures that summary of community meetings, seminars or workshops facilitated and or attended by project staff is well documented and shared with others;
- Together with the Project Coordinator/Project Manager, compiles monthly, quarterly, midterm and annual reports for government, Donors and other partners;
- Together with the Project Coordinator Project Manager, properly document the achievements and lessons of the project activities and share with concerned stakeholders
- In close consultation with the project coordinator /Project Manager, liaises with relevant government institutions, counterparts, INGO and CBO partners with the objective of effective implementation of the project activities;
- Establishes an effective working relationship with government, non-governmental and community based organizations;
- Work cordially with local partners, authorities and leaders in reaching the beneficiaries.
- Keeps herself/himself updated about recent developments in assigned technical areas and related issues;
- Facilitates trainings, workshops, experience sharing visits, etc that are related to the needs of target beneficiaries and government line departments
- Responsible to liaise with key national partners and facilitates necessary links with beneficiaries.
- Assists in identifying needs and gaps in the project and find ways to address them.
- Assists in identifying and building the capacities of existing community structures.
- Assists beneficiaries in how and where to market their products.
- Assists in proposal writing and designing and preparation of the operational annual plans.
- Prepares and submits monthly progress reports or any other specific reports as requested.
- Works to document and share project experiences and learned lessons.
- Any other duties as requested by the Project Manager
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- University Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science &Production, Veterinary Medicine or development or any related fields, Master’s Degree is a plus with sound understanding of INGO operations and management.
- At least 4years’ experience as a project /Program officer
- Experience of implementing and developing systems and processes for participatory monitoring, reporting & evaluation, program reviews & assessments
- Program cycle management and quality assurance.
- Good knowledge in Socio-economic context
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Good reporting and proposal writing skills
- Good knowledge of project cycle.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- High level of computer literacy including high level of Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- A proven team player with ability to plan own work, manage competing
- Priorities and work under pressure when required
Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
Only short listed will be contacted
Closing date is 7th June 2021
Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street
Women are encourage to apply for this position
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)