Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator – VSF Germany
|Gross Salary:||1200 – 1400 USD subject to all statutory deductions|
|Supervisor:||Country Program Manager|
|Duty Station:||Khartoum with frequent travel to different field offices|
|Duration:||one year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability|
|Closing Date:||07 June 2021|
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducts monitoring and evaluation and assessment in various locations to ensure that the implementation of the project activities go in line with targets and deadlines.
- Prepares and submits monthly progress reports or any other specific reports as requested.
- Help revise the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of the objective hierarchy, indicators and monitoring mechanisms.
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E, for example, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops.
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component, to record and report physical progress against the plan activities also steer the process for designing the format of such progress reports.
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
- With Consortium Partners, Local NGOs and stakeholders, set out the framework and procedures for the evaluation of project activities.
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Based on the review of existing data on the area, draw up the TOR for, design and cost out a baseline survey and a needs assessment survey.
- With the otherimplementing partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Organize and undertake training with stakeholders, including primary stakeholders, in M&E skills, including participatory aspects.
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyze these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Review monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Collaborate with staff and implementing partners on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
- Identify the need and draw up the TORs for specific project studies.
- Ensure that, in general, project monitoring arrangements comply with the project documents and, in particular, the provisions of this agreement are fully observed in the design of project M&E.
- Prepare reports on M&E findings, as required, working closely with financial officer of the consortium partners, technical staff and other implementing partners.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- In collaboration with the accountant, provide the project Manager with management information that she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion forums to fill any gaps.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of implementing and developing systems and processes for participatory monitoring, reporting & evaluation, program reviews & assessments
- At least 5yearsof experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation or program management
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; in M & E studies, Development related studies, Agriculture, statistics or any other related field , Master Degree is a plus with sound understanding of INGO operations and management.
- Program cycle management and quality assurance
Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge in Socio-economic context
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Good reporting and proposal writing skills
- Good knowledge of project cycle.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- High level of computer literacy including high level of Microsoft Word and Excel Skills.
Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
Only short listed will be contacted
Closing date is 7th June 2021
Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street
Women are encourage to apply for this position
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)