WASH Coordinator – VSF Germany
|Gross Salary:||1200 – 1400 USD subjected to all statutory deductions|
|Supervisor:||Country Program Manager|
|Duty Station:||Khartoum with frequent travel to the different field offices|
|Duration:||one year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability|
|Closing Date:||07 June 2021|
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support on the implementation of all WASH and construction related activities across all VSFG offices and ensure quality and timely deliverables.
- Provide leadership and management to WASH Sector for successful project implementation and supervise appropriate problem solving measures to keep projects on track.
- Develop and manage relationship with VSFG’s partner organizations& stakeholders in line with the agreed principles
- Accountable for quality of WASH work and WASH technical inputs to VSFG partner NGO field teams.
- Oversee and ensure VSFG donors compliance requirement and reports are prepared on a regular basis as per donor/organization requirements
- Work closely with MEAL team on the development of WASH MEAL framework to ensure quality activity and impact monitoring
- Support the Sector Lead in procurement of WASH related items.
- Ensure team coordination in the field, organize periodic meetings and staff and partner NGOs for quality delivery of WASH project as well as team building.
- Develop materials to promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services
- Ensure that actions are taken to mitigate priority water and sanitation related health risks.
- Play a lead role in providing WASH technical expertise capacity to new ongoing WASH activities through field level operational support, and other support as needs assessment, project design, development and implementation in the area of WASH
- Evaluating the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the local context
- Assisting in the preparation of the WASH proposals
- Analyzing the baseline study data to determine the underlining needs of the beneficiaries
- Contributing to contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response if required
- Contributing to the preparation of internal and external reports for the INGO and donors, The WASH officer will be a primary focal person for WASH components of OFDA funded project) and responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH activities
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective rehabilitation of Boreholes in the localities with a particular focus on creating safe water access for humans and livestock.
- Provide technical support to relevant government lines offices and project staff as well as communities in order to develop capacities related to their roles and responsibilities of WASH components of the running projects
- Ensure rehabilitated boreholes of the project provide quality water services to beneficiaries in accordance to existing standards
- Lead the planning, promotional and awareness creation on the objective of the water component of the project in collaboration with line offices and community mobilizers.
- Conduct and lead assessment in the different states which inform identification of borehole to be rehabilitated by the project based on priority needs, develop specification, for the boreholes to be rehabilitated
- Technically provide leadership role for the implementation of rehabilitation of boreholes as per the existing standards in the region.
- Submit timely and accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports on WASH component of all running projects
- Plan, cooperate, collaborate and work closely with water office.
- Support other livelihood activities of the project by closely working with partner project officers to ensure the attainment of project objective.
- Actively participate in the identification of strategic water point to be rehabilitated through participatory approach with beneficiary communities and government line offices.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- BSc in Civil engineering, Water Engineering or related Engineering studies. Sanitation and hygiene related discipline Master’s Degree is a plus with sound understanding of INGO operations and management.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in the field of WASH.
- Experience in managing staff and related programs
- INGO experience in the same field is an asset
- Experience of representation at senior level (Clusters, Coordination meetings, government agencies)
- S/he should have an extensive experience in WASH Projects.
- Good knowledge in Socio-economic context
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Good knowledge of project cycle.
- S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in both English and Arabic
- S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, and Access& PowerPoint.
Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
Only short listed will be contacted
Closing date is 7th June 2021
Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street
Women are encourage to apply for this position
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)