Finance & Administration officer – VSF Germany
|Gross Salary:||800 USD subjected to all statutory deductions|
|Duty Station:||South Kordfan State with frequent travel to the field offices & localities within the state|
|Duration:||one year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability|
|Closing Date:||07 June 2021|
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
Finance & Accounting tasks
- Helps to manage the finance of the projects and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donors and VSF Germany’s policies and regulations are adhere to.
- Manages and controls the budget(s) and expenditures.
- Arranges and maintains project financial documents for auditing purposes.
- Provides and interprets financial information.
- Reviews and assesses the day-to-day financial needs and ensures adequate and timely replenishment of funds.
- Manages the petty cash and controls cash in safe, bank and cash book.
- Posts transactions into the computerized accounting system.
- Manages contracts with third party and supervises services rendered to project.
- Reconciles bank book balance with bank statements.
- Prepares payments and journal vouchers and insures adequate supporting documents for all financial transactions.
- Review all vouchers and documents to ensure validity of payment.
- Produce an accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Ensures all financial reports are timely received from projects.
- Liaise with Project Managers to develop monthly cash projections etc.
- Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and budgets in consultation with the program manager
- Maintain proper filing of vouchers and backup documents and safe storage of cheque books and banking documents.
- Make fund requests to VSFG main office on monthly and as needed
- Provide support to all units including administrative, human resource and program departments.
- Ensure that operational activities are executed within allocated budget and timelines.
- Provide guidance to staff in resolving operational issues and problems.
- Procure goods and services, ensuring compliance with VSFG and donor rules and regulations.
- Maintain proper inventory records of goods and equipment owned by VSFG and ensures that relevant control systems are in place and complied with.
- Support/oversee logistic arrangements for project activities and travel
- Custody of all office assets, their safety, insurance, tracking movements, regular updates of the Asset register and spot check.
- Ensure that all office facilities & equipment are functional all the time and be in charge of arranging any repairs, replacements & maintenance
- Maintain office security as necessary.
- Coordinate arrangements for meetings, visits, workshops and conferences, related to projects.
- Ensure that IT back up service is available to all staff in OFFICE
- Update the local safety and security plan for VSFG main office on an on-going basis.
- Ensure that all visitors to the office receive a safety and security briefing
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Commerce or Business administration
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in the field of finance , Accounting and administration with Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and principles Good knowledge of Navision is highly desirable
- Well-developed Information Communication and Technology (ICT) skills with hands on experience with computerized accounting applications.
- Conversant with donor funding regulations (USAID/BHA, SHF) an added advantage.
- Experience in procurement activities
- Knowledge of computer applications and financial accounting
- Fluency in English/Arabic speaking and writing
- Excellent skills of operating Microsoft word and excel spreadsheet
- Experience of using accounting software
Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
Only short listed will be contacted
Closing date is 7th June 2021
Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street
Women are encourage to apply for this position
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)