Community Mobilizer – VSF Germany
|600 USD subjected to all statutory deductions
|South Kordfan State-Abasyia with frequent travel to the localities within the Sate
|One year subject to renewalbased on performance and Fund availability
|13 June 2021
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany(VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct frequent field visits to all project sites to ensure that community is involved as per project strategy
- Assist in the organization and participate in all Steering Committee and Working Group meetings
- Liaise with local authorities, partners, community and project team to guarantee the smooth operation of the activities
- Produce timely reports for internal use on the activities highlighting best practices and lessons learnt.
- Analyze data collected relating to needs, concerns and perspective of the groups consulted and share recommendations to project team.
- Ensure that the accurate, updated information of the communities about the project is continuously provided to the communities, in ways accessible to all segments of the communities.
- Ensure or facilitate regular focus group discussions with all age/gender groups, as well as people with specific needs.
- Ensure that vulnerability-based approach and targeting policy are explained, designed and implemented in association with all segments of the community.
- Provide relevant project workers and other stakeholders with quarterly analysis and recommendations, as well as regular advice and feedback.
- Ensure that assessments are conducted to capture the particular needs, capacities and perspective of all segments of the targeted communities.
- Ensure that assessments are planned and conducted in a transparent and appropriate way for communities.
- Ensure that qualified individuals in communities are identified and given opportunities to contribute in the implementation of projects.
- Advice on, and monitor data collection on project progress/achievements reflects gender, age and other relevant vulnerability criteria..
- Ensure the inclusion of host communities in the information and feedback processes developed for the project, and ensure that people in need within host communities enjoy equal access to the services or utilities provided by the project.
- Train project workers on gender mainstreaming, and code of conduct.
- Record lessons learned, good practices on community participation in the project to inform other partners working in the sector.
- Ensure participation and active role of communities in the evaluation of projects, and info sharing with communities about results.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum BSs in social sciences, Economics, Development studies, Veterinaries Studies, Animal production, or any other related field, Master’s Degree is a plus with sound understanding of INGO operations and management.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a project /Program community mobilizer
- Experience in implementing and developing systems and processes for participatory , monitoring, reporting & evaluation, program reviews & assessments
- work experience in the development setting (NGO) is a plus
- Program cycle management and quality assurance.
- Good knowledge in Socio-economic context
- Strong respect for confidentiality
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills.
- combined with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good reporting and proposal writing skills
- Good knowledge of project cycle.
- Fluent spoken and written of English and Arabic
- High level of computer literacy including high level of Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- A proven team player with ability to plan own work, manage to compete
- Priorities and work under pressure when require
- Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
- Only short listed will be contacted
- Closing date is 13th June 2021.
- Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street
- Women are encourage to apply for this position
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)