Grants Acquisition & Management Director – World Vision
|Job Title||Grants Acquisition & Management Director|
|Industry Sector||Field Operations|
|Type of contract||Fixed term, Full-time|
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Grants Acquisition Director is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, made responsible to provide overall leadership to the Program Development Department with mandate to a) raise WV Sudan’s grants portfolio, b) enhance WV Sudan’s visibility and engagement with strategic stakeholders and c) strengthen grant compliance within the organization.
Raise and Diversify Grant Portfolio:
- The GAM Director will provide leadership to increase the grant portfolio of WV Sudan in order to reach the National Strategy, advance child wellbeing and meet funding mix proportions as defined in annual targets.
- Develop and maintain high quality working relationships with support offices, the Regional Programme Management Unit and in particular the Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) Hub to support the process of proactively identifying and developing grant opportunities that will raise WV Sudan profile.
- Work with Finance team to ensure budgeting and all necessary costs are correctly formatted.
- Ensure high quality concepts and proposals are prepared in line with World Vision and donor strategies.
- Mobilize Department teams to support the grants development process by leading the complete risk assessment processes and go/no-go decision for potential opportunities.
- Lead the process of preparing funding proposals, including Grants, Private Non Sponsorship Projects and Corporate Donors.
- Manage opportunity pipeline tracking planning based on country level donor mapping, strategic direction and areas of alignment prioritizing grant opportunities that are aligned with National Office strategic priorities.
Visibility and Engagement with strategic Stakeholders:
- Ensure an up-to-date donor-engagement plan exists and that relevant staff are equipped to adopt and implement the plan.
- Develop close relationships with donor agencies, particularly those with local missions in Sudan to explore opportunities for deepening their engagement with WV Sudan.
- Actively engage prioritized Support Offices to raise the visibility and credibility of WV Sudan as a ‘National Office of Choice’ for support from private, bilateral and multi-lateral partners.
- Participate in hosting high profile donors and partners to WV Sudan with a view to deepening their understanding and engagement of WVT programmes.
- Represent WV Sudan at key national and international forums.
Grant Management Compliance on Donor and Partnership Standards:
- Ensure that the resource acquisition management system effectively standardizes processes for identifying and establishing priority sectors and opportunities, assessing risk and managing project cycle.
- Contribute to the development of staff and capacity for grants compliance (financial, contractual, programmatic and reporting) to increase program quality, credibility and marketability of WV Sudan projects.
- Develop and sustain an effective grant performance tracker and dashboard across WV Sudan’s grants portfolio that will support to identify risks and challenges in a timely way and to prepare effective management reports on overall grants performance.
- Actively engage support offices and East Africa Regional Office for regular support and capacity building of staff and partners in Monitoring & Evaluation, compliance management, and research and documentation.
- Ensure full and timely compliance of the Program Development Department on all required organizational dashboards and indicators.
Team Performance Management:
- Provide leadership in facilitating a high performance management culture, open trustworthy staff relationships and integrity to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
- Pursue meaningful opportunities for training and capacity building for staff to enhance their skills in experience.
- Purposefully promote a high level of collaboration and integration of Department objectives with other WV Sudan Departments.
- Actively manage staff performance and ensure staff job descriptions, contracts and performance reviews are up to date and submitted in a timely manner.
Lead strategic Partnering through:
- Coordinating in close collaboration with the Department Directors the development innovative and meaningful partnerships and consortia with private, public and non-government partners.
- Managing end-to-end partner engagement processes for WV Sudan i.e. tool development, identification, solicitation, vetting, selection, performance assessment and MoU signing.
- Liaising with Partnership stakeholders (GC, EAR and SOs) in engaging partners.
- Maintaining sound relationships with partners i.e. soliciting and providing feedback and exploring areas for growth.
Financial and non-Financial Resource Management:
- Ensure Stewardship and accountability of WV Sudan material and financial resources that are managed by the Program Development Department.
- Through a high standard of personal and professional integrity, instill and promote a culture of total accountability and care with donors’ resources entrusted to WV.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s and/or professional qualification in International Development studies, Community Development or any Social Science related degree from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming (designing, implementing, evaluating and monitoring) of integrated development, relief and/or advocacy of donor funded projects.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of National office grant management and experience of grant compliance procedures and regulations for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Experience on influencing policy formulation, implementation, evaluation, mobilization for stakeholder’s engagement in the decision making process.
- Have at least 7 years’ experience at managerial level in an international NGO.
- Be a results orientated leader with the ability to handle a heavy work load, manage and satisfy multiple conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership to the team.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, constantly pursuing new and better ways of working.
- Be committed to empowering others for transformation – both inside and outside of the organization.
- Be committed to pursuing tangible and lasting impact in the lives of the poor through an empowerment approach.
- Ability to inspire across a wide range of audiences and to communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building ability.
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A good understanding of humanitarian sector and proven ability to design project proposals.
- A good understanding of how major donors fund the international community and their policies.
- Proven and demonstrated success in acquiring donor funding.
- This is a non-family post.
- Office based environment with frequent travel to the field and National Office.
- Travel required: 35% domestic travel and occasional international travel (approximately 2 to 4 trips a year).
- On call: 20%.