HR & Administration Officer – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|The Norwegian Refugee Council
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guideline
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents in accordance with NRC guidelines
- Support assigned staff in their professional development, identify training needs, support staff to achieve the objectives defined in their work and development plans
- Organize recruitments according to NRC recruitment policy and SOPs when delegated by the HR Manager and ensure the recruitment and personnel files are complete, updated and archived in a timely manner and according to NRC filing procedures
- Compile and update the attendance in the training matrix on a weekly basis, and facilitate trainings as needed
- Prepare the payroll for staff at the area office when requested by CO
- Manage casual workers agreement, service contracts, and ensure all non-NRC personnel representing NRC has signed and fully understand the code of conduct
- Facilitate induction for national and international staff
- Management of offices and residences at area level
- Management of lease agreements for all premises (offices, residence, warehouse),
- Checks health and safety standards of offices & guest houses (according to MOSS and MORSS) in collaboration with the Health & Safety Security Officer
- Arrange accommodation for visitors and staff in residences and hotels, from booking to billing, and do bookings for flights when requested
- Experience from working as a HR/Admin Officer for a minimum of 3 years in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum 3 years of experience
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Preferred to be located in South Kordofan
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Service minded, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.