Procurement Specialist – World Vision
|Job Title||Procurement Specialist|
|Industry Sector||Supply Chain|
|Type of contract||Fixed term, Full-time|
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
World Vision Sudan has received a Euros 11 million grant to implement a Livelihoods and Agricultural Infrastructure Development Project in South Darfur State of Sudan. This three-year project is expected to contribute to the stability of the Darfur region by improving infrastructure and supporting existing and alternative livelihoods.
In this regard, World Vision is seeking a qualified and experienced Procurement Specialist with national or international in procurement for infrastructural works to ensure sound and qualitative supply chain management for infrastructure construction process and goods and supply chain for the project in compliance with KfW procurement requirements.
He/she will be expected to provide effective team leadership to co-workers and to ensure effective accountability including reporting to the donor and World Vision.
- Developing or preparing bidding/tender documents and contracts based on the standard documents as per sourcing strategies and donor requirements, in this case, KfW procurement guidelines.
- Preparation of Bid Analysis Documents for Procurement Committee reviews and approval as well as submission to the donor for ‘no objection’.
- In collaboration with the chief of party and Engineering expert, provide guidance in tender evaluation for works, supplies and consulting services.
- Provide team leadership and technical oversight on all matters of project procurement for the South Darfur Livelihood and Agriculture Infrastructure Development Project.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of donor procurement regulations and standards to project staff at all levels, including project partners and other key stakeholders.
- Develops and periodically update procurement plan and tracker.
- Support and coordinate with finance department for contract payments for suppliers.
- Compile progress reports including the cost controlling, scheduling, risks and management aspects.
- Develop Item catalogues for the assigned categories enabling accurate procurement planning.
- Conduct performance evaluation for the engineering the subordinate in line with World Vision policies against clear, measurable key performance measures and ensuring that individuals’ performance is managed in collaboration with the Director of People & Culture.
- Provide capacity building, mentoring and onsite training on development of technical specification for project stakeholders.
- Support the budgeting and re-budgeting processes as necessary.
- Ensuring value for money (VFM) in execution of all infrastructure procurements works and collaborating with the Chief of Party appropriately.
- Provide capacity building, mentoring and couching of local supply chain coordinator.
- As assigned by the Chief of Party or his designate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proven knowledge and experience in similar projects, excellent knowledge of project cost control activities, ability to conduct and supervise major procurements (contract values between EUR 5000 up to 1 mio.) at national and or/international level, contracts management and costs control couple with excellent reporting skills is required.
Knowledge of infrastructures and engineering related procurement (such as irrigation and water harvesting infrastructure, buildings, feeder roads and bridges) is an asset.
Demonstration of professional competency, mastery of subject matter, conscientious and efficiency in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results, is motivated by professional acumen.
Must have ability to show persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges and remains calm in stressful situations, takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Conduct all ethical and professional behaviors in refusing fraudulent and corrupt practices including but not limited to refusing gifts, favors and preferences by any stakeholder.
- A Graduate Master degree from recognized University in thematic areas with relevance for the Project.
- Master degree or Bachelor with equivalent experiences in Procurements and Supply Chain management, contract management and other related sectors.
- Profound experience in procurement, project and contract management,(experience with Works contracts is a definite asset).
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience in procurement and contract management in similar projects at international and/or national level, preferably gained in a fragile context in Sub-Saharan Africa in the areas of infrastructures management.
- At least 7 years of post-qualification experience in procurement of engineering works in an international development work environment, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in managing people and evaluating subordinates.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English; knowledge of Arabic; is advantageous.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Msc./ Bsc. In Procurements and Supply Chain Management or other fields with relevance experiences.
- Experience working in hostile/fragile context or post conflict environment.
- Profund experience and/or proven professional in project controls and construction contracts management and definite asset.
- The position will be based in Nyala in South Darfur with occasional travel to Khartoum.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
About World Vision in Sudan
As a child-focused organisation, our goal is to see children reach their full potential. We don’t just want children to survive, we want them to thrive! We began working in Sudan in 1983, our programmes were initially operational until 1988. In June 2004, we resumed operations, in response to the Darfur Crisis.
Today, our teams of dedicated development and humanitarian professionals work tirelessly to contribute to the improved well-being of boys and girls through multi-sectoral and community-based programmes across four states: South Darfur, Blue Nile, East Darfur and South Kordofan. Our headquarters are in Khartoum.
We remain committed to our vision of life in all its fullness for all children. By 2020, we hope to have positively affected 2.5 million boys and girls in Sudan.
What is the main purpose of World Vision?
World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
What countries does World Vision work in?
What countries does World Vision work in? World Vision works in some of the poorest countries in the world where the need for help is greatest. The World Vision Partnership works across Asia and the Pacific, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
For jobs from World Vision in Sudan visit : World Vision Jobs Page