Chief of Party – KFW Project – World Vision
|Job Title||Chief of Party – KFW Project|
|Industry Sector||Field Operations|
|Type of contract||Fixed term, Full-time|
*Please submit your CV in English.
Chief of Party – Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KFW), Sudan
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision Sudan is implementing in close cooperation with World Vision Germany since 2018 the Livelihoods and Agricultural Infrastructure Development Project (LAID) in Sudan. The purpose of the LAID Project is to contribute to increased stability and economic well-being of 37.430 conflict affected households within vulnerable communities in South Darfur. This shall be achieved by an increased access of the Project beneficiaries to diversified sources of livelihoods and employment opportunities, the provision of infrastructure for agricultural and livestock production as well as the promotion of conflict resolution mechanisms to foster community interaction and co-existence between agro-pastoralists and pastoralists. The KfW (German Development Bank) funded project is expected to contribute to the stability of the South Darfur region by construction and rehabilitation of rural infrastructures (micro dams, veterinary clinics and feeder roads) and supporting existing and alternative livelihoods. In this regard, World Vision is seeking a qualified and experienced Chief of Party to provide effective team leadership; assume overall responsibility for the delivery of the expected project results.
- Provide technical and operational direction to the project team; ensuring a coordinated approach to project implementation and paying particular attention to achieving results as defined in the project documentation.
- Oversee preparation and implementation of detailed scope of work and work schedules ensuring timely, strategic, efficient and effective planning of human and financial resources to support project implementation. This includes the support and supervision of the Procurement Expert in procurement/tendering processes (goods, works, services) particularly with regard contracting external consulting firms for the implementation of feasibility, design and construction supervision services as well as the management of contracts.
- Foster learning within this project and cross-fertilisation with other World Vision projects within Sudan; ensuring lessons learnt are iteratively informing implementation and documented at all levels. This responsibility includes ensuring equitable and inclusive participation of all population segments in the project.
- Pro-actively identify implementation issues, challenges and risks and – in collaboration with the Operations Director and the National Director, implement appropriate mitigative adjustments.
- Support to establish and oversee effective, real time and independently verifiable (remote) monitoring, accountability and reporting systems in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
- Review, adapt and adopt Word Vision accountability mechanisms; ensuring adequate participation of and accountability to project participants and beneficiaries.
- Oversee financial planning and spending ensuring payment requests are in line with approved expenditure plans and are submitted in a timely manner; and, project expenditure is timely, supported by adequate documentation; and, in compliance with KfW and World Vision policies.
- Proactively engage World Vision Sudan and World Vision Germany leadership in resolving financial challenges including re-budgeting and soliciting donor approvals wherever required.
- Sustain a culture of accountability and financial responsibility ensuring zero tolerance towards fraud and corruption and ensuring project resources are used only for the intended purposes and in line with World Vision and donor policies.
Team Leadership and Internal Coordination:
- Manage the project team, ensuring role profiles and job descriptions are current, are communicated and are understood by the project team; ensuring that performance management is carried out in line with World Vision policies and against clear, measurable Key Performance Measures (KPMs); and, ensuring that individuals’ performance is managed in collaboration with the Director of the Human Resources Department (‘People and Culture’).
- Foster a culture of close coordination with other departments including Finance, Procurement, Programme Development and Quality Assurance; ensuring regular project review meetings are held at least one quarterly and ensuring that this project receives adequate support from these departments.
- Coordinate the professional development for project staff. This entails creating career growth plans for all project staff and actively seeking ways of implementing these plans.
- Work with the Programme Development and Quality Assurance team to ensure new funding opportunities for scaling up this project are vigorously pursued. This will entail mobilising financial resources to fund emergencies that might occur in the project locations and that might negatively impact expected outcomes.
Representation, External Collaboration and Reporting:
- Act as the focal point for all internal stakeholders including World Vision Germany and external stakeholders such as UN agencies, other NGOs and Government representatives.
- Ensure adequate representation and visibility of this project through UN Cluster System; This will call for a close working relationship with the Communications team.
- Assume direct responsibility for ensuring timely and quality of reporting by coordinating with the different functions and roles including finance, monitoring and quality divisions. The CoP will be held directly responsible for the quality and timeliness of project reports.
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
- As allocated and agreed upon with the Operations Director and / or his/her representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 10 years of hands-on management experience of large (over USD 5M) complex, multi-year and multi-sector projects in a fragile environment.
- Long-term experience in managing livelihood and/or resilience building projects with strong focus on Local Value Chain development.
- Experience in managing projects with large investment in rural productive infrastructure (water & sanitation, feeder roads etc) is highly desirable.
- Experience managing diverse teams in harsh environments.
- Negotiation and representation experience at high levels.
- Knowledge and awareness of Sudan or a similar fragile context.
- Willingness to live and travel in harsh conditions.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Rural Development, Agricultural Development OR Civil Engineering, or a related field from accredited university.
- Training in civil engineering, infrastructure development or economics is desirable but not mandatory.
- People management training is advantageous.
- Training and experience in the protection sector, particularly of children in conflict environments; is highly desirable.
- Fluent English language speakers.
- Work environment: Office based and 60% travel.
For Jobs From World Vision Visit: World Vision Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses