Livelihood and Food Security Officer Sudan Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Livelihood and Food Security|
|Posting Date||11/01/2021, 16:56|
|Apply Before||25/01/2021, 16:56|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well as Government rules and regulations
- Implement delegated LFS project portfolio activities according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components of LFS programming
- Provide on the job training as required to increase the capacity of LFS Assistants; actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC
- Actively participate in developing work plans of the LFS activities
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level by all shelter staff
- Collaborate with teams from other CCs to ensure that project beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs
- Organize and lead needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the project selection criteria
- Assist the Programme Specialist/LFS Coordinator in developing messaging around project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and supervise LFS Assistants in the delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Organize regular monitoring visits by LFS Assistants during and post-project implementation and regularly visit implementation sites to monitor and document day-to-day works and
- In collaboration with rest of the team prepare Procurement Requests
- Track and record information related to follow up carried out by LFS Assistants relating to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Programme Specialist/Project Coordinator and M&E unit
- Conduct performance management for LFS assistants under direct supervision
- Carry-out field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation
- Supervise activities at distribution sites ensuring that NRC Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to during distributions, awareness campaigns and community mobilization activities, and that proper documentation is verified and collected by LFS Assistants
- Organize and lead field level M&E activities and develop success stories from project implementation
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Post-secondary degree in social work, humanitarian assistance/development, project management, or related subject
- At least two years in project management/supervision in an emergency setting or development work
- Basic experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration
- Basic experience in planning, design, coordination and implementation of emergency projects in both the camp and non-camp setting in Sudan.
- Proven skills and experience in successfully managing field teams
- Proven skills and experience in monitoring and documenting humanitarian project implementation
- Experience in organizing and managing activities at distribution sites and awareness campaigns.
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Experience organizing and leading teams working with vulnerable households in Urban and Camp settings with an NGO, charity or similar organization.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in field level coordination with community stakeholders, local and international NGOs, and local government officials.
- Knowledge of the context in Sudan specifically in regard to refugees, IDPs populations
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of proposal and report writing
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel
For Moe Jobs From The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses