HR and Admin Assistant – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Position:||HR and Admin Assistant|
|Salary/benefits||According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions|
|Duty station||Kutum, North Darfur|
|Closing Date||28th November 2022|
HR/Admin Assistant (National Position) Advertisement
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships
Role and responsibilities
The role of the HR Assistant is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the HR/Admin function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the Field Coordinator
- Communicate and arrange meetings with suppliers as requested
- Scan and file documents as per the securing and storing documentation policy
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure proper coordination with Area Office in El Fasher and maintain availability to respond to requests from the Support Coordinator.
- Supports human resources processes by administering tests, scheduling appointments, conducting orientation, maintaining records and information.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information.
- Answers the telephone, relays messages, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Help organize and manage new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
- Support recruitments of staff and volunteers based on NRC policies
Generic professional competencies:
- At least 2 years of experience from working in the HR unit in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Minimum of University degree in HR/ Admin, Business Administration and any other related course
- Good computer skills – MS Office & database
- Good in oral and written English and Arabic, written and spoken
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Preferably previous working experience in Kutum
- Preferably experience with start-up missions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Service minded, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Kutum, North Darfur
To apply Kindly visit www.nrc.no careers. For hardcopy CVs kindly apply in Alfasher Labour Office.
Closing date: 28th November 2022