Planning Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Officer – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||El Daein (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the general supervision of the Health and Nutrition Officer (head sub-office) and the technical guidance of the Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Office (based in Nyala), the UN Volunteer will provide support in a range of PME issues, both in the East and South Darfur offices. Her/his tasks will include but will not be limited to the following:
• Guide and support the establishment or strengthening of PME systems across the South and East Darfur Offices
• Produce and maintain relevant information products, including Sector/Sub-sector infor-mation reports, databases, basic and thematic maps; and support the preparation of peri-odic reports on sector activities at national and state level as required;
• Timely monitor and measure changes at the state, locality, and household level, with the participation of relevant partners; and provide data to the Sector and national partners to facilitate planning; assess the impact of the programmes and policies; and report on the progress being made;
• Support the Sector/Sub-Sector and other coordination meetings in aspects related to in-formation management; and contribute to strengthen management of sector information databases and systems;
• Ensure that Sector Performance is systematically monitored and data for key Programme and management indicators reports are collected, analyzed and made available to the field office management;
• Support the Monitoring Officer to ensure the technical leadership for UNICEF information management needs of affected populations by emergency and disasters, with specific fo-cus on routine and administrative data collection for better preparedness, targeting and coordination of effective humanitarian responses.
• Support partner PME capacity including training and wider capacity development
• Any other tasks to be assigned by the Health and Nutrition Officer based in Ed Daein.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
· Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
· Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
· Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
· Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
· Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
· Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent.
Education – Additional Comments:
Master degree in Social sciences, economics, demography, statistics, socio-economic research, communications or a related technical field.
Required experience: 24 Months
At least two years of professional work experience in project management, including research and data analysis and management; proven record of research and analytical skills in the area of data collection and analysis; experience in an international organization working in Sudan is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme management.
Area of expertise details:
Age, Gender, and Diversity (AGD) awareness and demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
• Ability to apply gender equity principles in mainstreamed manner.
• Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN system;
• High ability to effectively perform duties under circumstances with political and ethnic sensitivity;
• Strong analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills;
• Experience and ability to organize and implement training sessions;
• Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills;
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, social, and interpersonal skills.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sudan and legal residents in Sudan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 24-01-2021
For Jobs From United Nations Volunteers Visit: UNV Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses