Consultancy – Humanitarian Information Manager – Internews Network
|Job Title:||Short-Term Consultancy – Humanitarian Information Manager, Sudan|
The Rooted in Trust project aims to disrupt and mitigate the flow of misleading, inaccurate or malign information for vulnerable populations affected by humanitarian crises during COVID-19. Internews’ methodologies are part of the wider humanitarian Community Engagement and Accountability efforts and contribute to Risk Communication & Community Engagement (RCCE) efforts from health and humanitarian partners, by ensuring that community perspectives are captured to inform RCCE strategies and that concerns, rumors and questions are addressed with reliable information that comes from, and is created by, local media or other reliable information providers on a variety of both traditional and social media platforms.
This approach galvanizes and supports local media, particularly those trusted and used by vulnerable communities experiencing humanitarian crises, to fully play their role as information providers, as facilitators of conversations within their communities, and as watchdogs and agents of accountability for responders and service providers. Internews will ensure that the work of humanitarian and health organizations is shaped by and responsive to the expressed needs of vulnerable communities and local contexts as the pandemic unfolds.
The Humanitarian Information Manager (Khartoum, Sudan) will be responsible to ensure optimal information management across the Internews network at local and country levels. The Humanitarian Information Manager will focus on collating qualitative information like social media interactions, questions from audiences on radio and TV shows, concerns and questions as collected by CSOs and international NGOs, and where relevant, feedback collection by other humanitarian actors, and then ensuring it is cleaned, collated and categorized in a consistent and continuous way in support of local and regional content production and informed decision-making among humanitarian and health actors. The Information Manager will also be tasked with tracking project activities and ensuring that records are up to date to allow for consistent reporting.
This is a short-term, full-time consultancy based in Khartoum, Sudan. This position is anticipated to end in February 2021.
NOTE: We are seeking to hire a candidate as soon as possible, and will review applications on a rolling basis. It is to your benefit to submit your application early if the position is of interest.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Lead and build workflows and SOPs for qualitative data collection/feedback gathering by Internews field staff and partners and suggesting improvements where necessary;
- Collate and clean up data from different data streams (face-to-face, listening groups, social media, local media, etc.) to enable data analysis in a continuous and consistent way;
- Provide training to relevant partners to improve qualitative data collection;
- Ensure timely, consistent, and accurate documentation of data to help turn qualitative data into useful content for vulnerable populations;
- Provide regular updates to the Humanitarian Data Analyst on relevant topics and trends;
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation activities to assess impact, reach and quality of the ongoing project;
- Support a team of Community Liaisons to maintain data collection best practices and minimum standards;
- Perform any other duties as agreed upon with Internews team;
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong research, information management and/or monitoring and evaluation in development/humanitarian contexts;
- Strong data management skills, including thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Experience designing and visualizing qualitative data in reports;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic;
- Fluency in other local languages an advantage, such as Nubian, Fur, Zaghawa, or other local languages;
- Fluency in English preferred;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong understanding of and commitment towards editorial values of the project;
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, good-humored and flexible.
For Jobs From Internews Network Visit: Internews Network Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses