Logistics and Security Officer – Internews Network
|Job Title:||Data Analyst, Rooted in Trust|
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Logistics and Security Officer will support Internews’ programs in Sudan and will be responsible for all security and safety plans, and policies. This may include detailed security procedures that comply with Internews’ global security policies, such as developing and conducting emergency response drills and communication procedures for the office.
The Logistics and Security Officer will also perform a broad range of administrative and logistical duties. As the point person for security and logistics for the Sudan office, they will be responsible for overseeing the logistics of the Sudan office, providing timely staff service and efficient office operations, and managing and maintaining communications, mail, inventory, supplies, and equipment. This position will report to the Country Director.
Internews has field offices in Sudan. Ultimately, this role will be based in Khartoum, Sudan.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Provide security, safety and risk mitigation and ensure that the staff complies with all relevant security procedures;
- Monitor and analyze the ongoing threat environment faced by the programs and brief the leadership accordingly. Distribute threat warnings to all staff as appropriate. Ensure that appropriate risk migration measures are taken by the staff to respond to the threats or changes in threats faced by the projects. This includes physical protection measures, safe working routines, movement restrictions, protection equipment and security staff provision, as required;
- Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, transportation and staff whereabouts.
- Assist the Country Director and collaborate with Internews’ HQ field operations and security to develop a security plan for the Sudan office.
- Establish, maintain, and update the country- and project-specific security and contingency plans, in accordance with Internews field security policies.
- Assist program staff with mainstreaming security risk management in all stages of program planning and implementation.
- Oversee any security provider contracted by the office to ensure contractual compliance and performance of their duties, and act as the focal point of contact with the security provider;
- Report security incidents, violations and recommended corrective actions, as appropriate, to the Country Director and the HQ Security Department;
- Ensure all new employee/contractor personnel receive appropriate security orientations and briefings;
- Verify that all security devices such as locks, alarms, access systems and physical force protection measures are operational or reported for repair;
- Ensure visitor access and vehicle control systems are effective and appropriate for the threat environment;
- Work with the HQ Security Manager to maintain the project Crisis Response Plan in coordination with the Country Director and ensure that the contact information contained therein is always up-to-date;
- Provide a weekly security and contextual report to project leadership and HQ Security Department;
- Be able to assist with out-of-hours emergency response at the project, if needed;
- Serve as the liaison with the U.S. Embassy Regional Security Officer and/or equivalent U.S. Government personnel for project security matters;
- Assist the office with business continuity planning, as required;
- Ensure that the Secure Project Work Flow is distributed to and is being followed by office staff;
- In conjunction with program staff, oversee administration and logistical support to program activities, including program events and general program workshop;
- Provides oversight of vehicle logs, vehicle maintenance; identifies vehicle needs and reviews driver time sheets;
- Collects departmental logistical updates for monthly organization report
- Assists with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required;
- A minimum of five (5) years of general work experience with at least three (3) in security management experience in the context of international development;
- Experience implementing security policies, procedures and protocols;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and flexible work style;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to multitask highly desired;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information;
- Appreciation of and ability to work effectively in, diverse work environments;
- Previous work with INGOs and knowledge on USG donor regulations and requirements;
- Field-based security and crisis management experience; and
- Native Arabic speaker; intermediate knowledge of Spoken and Written English highly desired, Medium level required.
Note: This position is posted in a High or Extreme Physical Risk location. Conditions in the field may include, but are not limited to, the following: compound living quarters, limited mobility outside of designated areas, limited in-country medical care or pharmacy, limited access to fresh fruit and vegetables, limited access to high speed internet, dress code requirements, unaccompanied posting, and required advanced safety and security training. If selected for an interview for this position, ensure you discuss the specifics of living and working in this unique operating environment and consider them at length during the recruitment process.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.