Receptionist – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||Special Short-term graded contract, six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Reference Code||SVN 24 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Executive Assistant, the incumbent is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist in arranging and coordinate meetings and appointments within and outside the mission and the city
• Assist in relay messages from the CoM and drafting general correspondences and filling as required
• Assist the CoM with informal translation from Arabic to English as well as informal translation from English to Arabic, whenever required
• Assist in providing general secretarial support to the Office of the CoM
• Provide cover for the Executive Office during the absences of the Executive Assistant
• Receive and Assist visitors and direct them to the staff concerned
• Operate the switchboard.
• Assist staff in placing calls whenever deemed necessary
• Register and distribute all correspondences received and/or outgoing
• Send all outgoing correspondences and register them for reference
• Ensure reception area is well organized and presentable at all times
• Prepare refreshments for guests as required
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the CoM or the Executive
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in administration and business management, or a related field
from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of relevant
• Experience in maintaining and compiling of files and data banking;
• Throughout knowledge working with the Microsoft package (i.e. Word, Excel sheets and
• Strong ability of research and analysis of information
Fluency in English and Working knowledge of Arabic an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to
achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and
timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and
assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
• IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS
• This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and
work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
• Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing
date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email: [email protected],
by July 29, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.07.2021 to 29.07.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview
processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank
For jobs from International Organization for Migration in Sudan visit : IOM Jobs Page