Humanitarian Advocacy, Communication and Media Manager – SAVE THE CHILDREN
(Very Attractive Packages are offered)
The Humanitarian Advocacy, Communications and Media Manger in his/her capacity is responsible for providing leadership to ensure excellence in our public and private facing for the Sudan Humanitarian Crises advocacy, communications and media.
S/he will support the Humanitarian Team to develop and implement the responses advocacy, communication and media work, manage all related initiatives and liaise with other stakeholders on behalf of Save the Children. The post holder will be also responsible for the contribution and implementation of all communication, advocacy and media aspects of the CO humanitarian strategy in close coordination with the Heal of ACCM and Humanitarian Manager
The function will be a focal person for all advocacy, media and communication enquiries related to the Sudan crisis from Save the Children International, Regional Offices and individual Save the Children members. The post holders will also be responsible for putting through CO humanitarian advocacy messages through the development of SITREPs, briefs and communication content working closely with Humanitarian team, Zonal Heads of Program Implementation and field teams. The function will ensure that key advocacy messages are adhered to, and will seek clarification on any politically sensitive matters which may impact upon programmer operations.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Masters or post graduate degree in communications and media will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years of experience in undertaking advocacy, media and communication initiatives in humanitarian and development contexts
- Proven experience in analysing the situation of children using the child rights programming/ principles framework
- Proven track record of policy influencing with partners, government and civil societies/key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to analyse complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce good quality documents, information for a variety of audiences and communicate good practices
- Experience in policy and practice analysis and implementing strategic advocacy initiatives aimed at bringing changes in these areas
- Strong inter-organizational skill such as networking, negotiation and communication.
- Willing and able to travel time to field offices to support field teams, as security permits
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 25, 2021
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit : SCI Jobs Page