Project Manager RCCE HEALT – Save the Children
Save the Children’s office in Sudan is seeking to recruit a Project Manager specialized in community engagement to manage the implementation of a large-scale Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) health campaign. The intervention is funded by GAVI, one of the key donors in the health sector.
Are you an experienced project manager? Are you passionate about engaging communities? Do you easily build and maintain positive working relationships with various stakeholders including artists and media specialist? Can you work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines?
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programs Implementation in Khartoum State and under the technical guidance of the Social Behavioral Change and Community Engagement Technical Advisor as well as in coordination with the Communications team, you will be responsible for planning, managing, and overseeing the implementation of various RCCE activity streams. This will involve direct interventions within the communities as well as strategic communication via various mass media outlets.
This position will be based in Khartoum with 75% work in the programme sites within Khartoum state and 25% office-based work.
Please note, this is a position relating to a large-scale project, which will be implemented within a limited time frame (six months).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, managing, and overseeing the implementation of all RCCE activities within Khartoum state
- Liaising, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including communities, government, media outlets, artists and partner organisations
- Ensuring the quality of the RCCE components implementation
- In collaboration with the MEAL team, ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of all RCCE activities in Khartoum state
- Overseeing and ensuring the tracing and documentation of all RCCE activities
- Independent problem solving during the implementation phase
- Based on the findings of research and the outputs of a joint workshop, giving inputs into the design of the Communication strategy and RCCE activities
- Providing direct supervision to the RCE Coordinator and RCCE community mobilizers
- Ensuring correct use of budget, including forecasting and monitoring of spending
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Outstanding management and planning skills
- Financial management expertise
- Minimum seven years’ experience in a management role
- Experience in managing and implementing RCCE interventions
- Experience in delivering trainings
- Work experience in an international organisation
- Outstanding skills in building relevant work relationships with all stakeholders
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Team player
- Ability to work under high pressure and deliver within a tight time frame
- Good reporting and documentation skills
- Awareness of the social dynamics in the Sudanese rural, urban and Semi-urban contexts
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Advanced degree in a social science field, including management studies, artistic studies OR relevant long-term work experience
- Experience in managing RCCE health campaigns
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
: Fixed Term
: Oct 21, 2022