|Duty Station:||Mygoma orphanage Khartoum|
|Duration:||6 Months renewable|
|Gross Salary:||1394 USD|
Scope of responsiblities:
Providing outpatient and/or inpatient pediatric care to patients/children according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF & MoH protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards to improve the newborn and child health conditions.
- Applying medical knowledge and skills to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of children, ensuring integrated newborn and paediatric care through Emergency, OPD, and IPD services in newborns and cases of malnutrition. Prescribing the necessary treatment, respecting MSF and Sudan MoH protocols.
- Collaborating closely with the different departments of the orphanage (e.g. nutrition, psychosocial, nanny), Knowing and ensuring all updated MSF medical protocols and universal precautions are followed and implemented, reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- As an expert in paediatrics, proposing strategies (modification on current newborn and paediatric care management) and implementing them after validation of Operation and Paediatric Advisor.
- Ensuring ongoing newborn and paediatric training (formal and bedside) of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the newborn and paediatric quality of care. Reviewing and discussing selected complicated cases or mistakes and giving technical input.
- Keeping the medical colleagues informed of the illness and the treatment to follow, checking that they have been understood. Ensuring professional autonomy and confidentiality are respected and a good attitude and proper bedside manner towards the children, nannies who take care of them, and the rest of the medical team.
- Following up the evolution of the hospitalized/clinic patients through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF/ MoH protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to the rooms or other department (e.g: nutrition) – in collaboration with other doctors
- Monitoring the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material and addresses the list of the missing item for newborn and paediatric activities. Providing inputs about general organization of the different rooms for the children, including the admission, transfer and discharge criteria + referral procedure to different hospitals
- Checking and controlling the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and taking care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assuring general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participating in the introduction/improvement of the collection and analysis of epidemiological newborn and paediatric data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problems or complications of the patient’s illness and medical errors. Collecting Clinical cases for further training and list a series of comments to improve the current protocols
- Directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Designing and providing training to staff as required.
- Debriefing with coordination, Headquarter (including Paediatric Advisor) and providing a written report on main findings, activities, conclusions and further recommendations.
- Clinical Doctorate (MD) in Pediatrics and child health
- Valid Medical registration in Sudanese Medical council is Necessary
- 3 years experience minimum
- English and Arabic
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Updates his / her knowledge, according to the most updated MoH new-born and paediatric protocols
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Results and Quality Orientation
- People Management and Development
Applications must be in English language and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas.
- Updated contact details (candidate’s phone number and a backup phone number)
- Sudanese National ID. Copy of Labor card and civil certificate.
Application should be submitted before 29 of July 2021 in sealed envelope mentioning “MSF France- application for Pediatrician”, to Labour office, Khartoum Al Jamahiriya Street or to MSF France Office in Amarat, Khartoum Street 49.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications to be submitted to HR office.
Note: Covid19 risk factors will be done by MSF staff health before the confirmation of the contract.
For jobs from MSF visit: MSF Jobs Page
For more Jobs from HAC visit: HAC Jobs Page