Midwife Supervisor – MSF Spain
|Organization:||Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)|
|Reports to (Hierarchical):||Midwife Activity Manager/Medical Activity Manager or PMR|
|Reports to (Functional):||Activity Manager (if any) /Project Medical Referent|
|Job Family:||Medical and Paramedical|
|Salary:||943 USD – Gross|
Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, according to MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high-quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population.
• Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work areas, (Rosters, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures.
• Ensuring team work and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
• Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
•Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment.
•Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
• Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment.
• Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
• In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs Gyne MD and following the protocols.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Supervising ANC and PNC services are provided in the different gathering sites and in the PHCC accordingly to MSF protocol, guaranteeing the quality of care including the SAC.
•Supervising non-complicated deliveries management and coach staff in the first newborn medical acts.
•Monitoring drugs prescription and consumption on daily basis.
•Following closely the midwifery care and early detection of complicated/high-risk cases in our facility accordingly to the referral criteria.
•Supervising family planning activities in the different areas of intervention.
•Providing technical support and on-the-job training.
•Supervising clinical management to SGBV cases received in the health post.
•Ensuring patient documentation and registration, including filling partographs and patients’ cards (ANC and PNC).
•Ensuring that universal precautions and hygiene procedures are followed by staff according to MSF guidelines.
•Ensuring proper waste segregation is respected in the supervised service.
•Elaborating data at the end of each week/month in collaboration with the focal point.
•Ensure confidentiality of patients Medical data.
• Performing additional activities whenever needed and as requested by the supervisor.
• Diploma of Midwife (or any Diploma recognized in the country and /or the Ministry of Health to practice as such)
• Minimum 2-year experience as a Midwife
• Mission language essential
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet).
• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to the HAC Labour office, Khartoum.
Women always encouraged to apply for MSF positions.
For jobs from MSF visit: MSF Jobs Page
For more Jobs from HAC visit: HAC Jobs Page