PROJECT ASSISTANT (FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM – FAP) – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Position Title||PROJECT ASSISTANT (FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM – FAP)|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||Special six months, with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the administrative supervision of the Head, Operations and Movement Management in Sudan, the successful candidate will be based in Khartoum and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of the FAP activities and provide logistical/administrative support.
- Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards.
- Communicate with the German NGOs and other external German stakeholders on FAP related matters in close coordination with the Team Leader and Project Coordinator as needed.
- Provide accurate information in a timely manner to the German speaking
representatives. This will include updating information sheets and visa requirement
checklists in German; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries in German from
applicants’ representatives (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and
informing them of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Data Capture: Maintain high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms;
enter required applicant and representatives data accurately.
- Make informal translations of documents, communication and meetings as needed.
- Call center service: responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to
answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and
- Reporting: Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and
report these records periodically in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanor at all times.
- Maintain positive working relationships with German Embassy staff locally.
- Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make
suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with
external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload.
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with
guidelines and instructions.
- Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of
records containing individual data.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science, or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
• Minimum 3 years (or 5 for candidates holding high school diploma) of relevant
professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability
to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel,
PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft
Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies
would be an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail.
Fluency in English and Germany is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to
achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and
timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and
assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
• IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS
• This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and
work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
• Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing
date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email: [email protected], by July 12, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 28.06.2021 to 12.07.2021.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview
processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank
For jobs from International Organization for Migration in Sudan visit : IOM Jobs Page