INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Position Title||INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||Special six months, with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM Sudan implements Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) of stranded migrants to countries of origin under the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in the Horn of Africa program. Since 2015, IOM has been operating a Migrant Resource and Response Centre (MRRC) in Khartoum, which acts as a hub for information and direct services to migrants living, stranded in or transiting through Khartoum and nearby areas. One of the key activities of the MRRC is outbound AVRR of stranded migrants from Sudan to countries of origin, which is largely funded under the Joint Initiative along with other projects.
MRRC currently uses an information management system with a combination of different IOM data tools such as KOBO and MiMOSA and different Excel based worksheets. These efforts require dedicated support for any trouble shooting, revision of data needs and technical updates. During the final quarter of 2020, MRRC is exploring to introduce regional level MRC information management system as a way forward to cater to complex data need of the Centre
Working under the overall supervision of the MPA Prgoramme Coordinator in Khartoum, and the direct supervision of Programme Officer (Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA)/ MRRC/ AVRR), and in close coordination with relevant colleagues at IOM Sudan and MRRC, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting with the data and Information Management of the MRRC in Khartoum in compliance with IOM policies and standards, as well as donor requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Act as a focal person of the data collection and management system of the Migrant Resource and Response Centers (MRRC) in the Khartoum.
- Manage overall data entry requirements and provide support to each MRRC unit and its staff with necessary technical guidance.
- Conduct data validation and cross checking of the MRRC quantitative data to facilitate proper and reliable data extraction from within existing databases.
- Support the improvement of information management tools at the MRRC by supporting the collection, management, storage and sharing of knowledge and data in the area of reception and registration, case office, medical assistance and AVRRs and outreach work.
- Support the MRRC staff regularly with onsite troubleshooting and affective information management and sharing while supporting compilation, summarizing and presenting information/data on activities and producing regular monthly reports.
- Extend technical support to the Migrant Resource Centre (MRC) in Gedaref state to strengthen the data and information management system there.
- Maintain data confidentiality of information as per IOM’s data protection guidelines.
- Train enumerators and other team members who are involved in the data entry to ensure the data quality.
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- First level Degree in Information Systems, Data/Information Management, Data analysis, Statistics, Business Administration and other related fields or 2-year technical Diploma in the above fields.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint) and internet applications is required.
- Previous work experience with an International Organization and NGOs dealing with migrants would be a strong advantage.
- Experience in using software programs such as STATA, SPSS SAS, SQL, ArcGIS are advantageous.
English and Arabic is Required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
• IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status. • This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
• Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email: [email protected], by July 12, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 28.06.2021 to 12.07.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
For jobs from International Organization for Migration in Sudan visit : IOM Jobs Page