Senior Administration Associate G7 – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Senior Administration Associate G7 Travels|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Travels team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused travels support services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective travels management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Senior Administration Associate (Travels) to join our procurement team in Khartoum, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract at the G7 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
WFP headquarters: Rome, Italy
To anchor Travels administration and management for WFP Sudan Country Office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support management of WFP resources in responsibility (WFP travels, procurement, etc.), monitor requirements and contribute to the estimation of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
2. Coordinate the provision of a range of services in Administration and travels management, reporting and recommending solutions to rectify any major issues, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
3. Undertake in-depth analyses of a range of data and compile and prepare comprehensive reports to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
4. Coordinate, monitor and process administrative actions, including contracts with external vendors, to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed
5. Make travel arrangements for all staff. This includes making reservation for tickets, ensuring that tickets are collected and given to the passenger in good time, and that all travel is in accordance with the WFP travel guidance.
6. Maintain acurate database on all staff travel and costs including an updated list on all staff on travel; assist in providing staff with information regarding requirements for travel both within the country and abroad.
7. Initiate and process travel requests and claims and support with reviewing all travel claims submitted by staff for reimbursement.
8. Train focal points in the country office engaged in the processing of travel documents in the procedures, rules, and regulations and in the administration of documentation.
9. Brief/debrief staff members on issues relating to a variety of administrative areas, e.g., visas, licenses, security, documentation procedures and practices, administrative procedures, etc.
10. Assist in the preparation of office budgets on travel costs and maintain necessary budgetary control records.
11. Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of bachelor’s degree in the related functional area of management Sciences or Social Sciences. Secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: At least 6 years of experience in the field of Travels Administration. At least six years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations, and procedures in administration
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language is desirable: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Demonstrated working knowledge of a travel management and afilliated adminsitration services.
• Has demonstrated a strong understanding of WFP administrative operating standards through day to day work.
• Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 19 June 2021
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and non-Sudanese are not eligible to apply