Project Field Assistant – ADRA
|Organization:||Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)|
|Project:||Khartoum Urban Women’s Empowerment Project|
|Position:||Project Field Assistant|
|Date Effective:||Jan 1″ to Dec 31, 2021|
Gross Salary 418 USD
|Report to:||Project Manager|
Adventist Development and Relief Agency-ADRA Sudan is an international relief and development agency of the U.S. ADRA Sudan works in over 120 countries around the world supporting vulnerable people in need regardless of their race, religion, or ethnicity. In the recent time ADRA Sudan supports, displace vulnerable in Khartoum state Sharq Alneel locality by literacy and livelihood program to help people live as God intend, with dignity and respect through provision of women literacy program using REFLCT approach, livelihood and business skills training and formation of communities’ savings groups. This will help women IDPs in the targeted project areas to improve their live style and be able support themselves, families and communities educationally and economically as aimed by the project.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the field assistant is responsible for overseeing all project implementation activities in the field at targeted project areas in Sharg Alncel localities. The field will support the project officer and local partner team to achieve high quality programming.
1- Bachelor’s degree in education, Art, Social Sciences, or related field of study with at least 1 years of relevant professional experience.
2. Demonstrated field experience in community mobilization, organization and relationship Building.
3. Proven experience in REFELCT literacy approach and circles establishment, implementation and monitoring
4- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks.
5. Good communication skills.
6- Willing to work among displaced and vulnerable groups.
1 – Field oriented.
2- Beneficiary/local partner-service focus.
3- Prioritize work, multitask, and control processes.
4. A team worker personality.
5- Able to work under pressure.
6- Having written and oral communication skills.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Support communities organizing and conducting community’s mobilization meetings and events to ensure communities participation and inclusion.
- Liaise daily with local partner and the project manager to guarantee the smooth operation of the program.
- Have regular contacts with local authorities at locality level and implementing partners as requested by your line manager.
- Assist in monitoring and following REFELCT, business skills training and CSGs activities.
- Assist on activities regular monitoring, data collection on weekly and monthly bases and reporting.
- Produce timely reports for internal use on the ongoing activities.
- Ensure that data is collected on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Always adhere to the principles of women and child protection, including respect for confidentiality of social centered approach.
- Report field incidents and problems to the to line manager if can not solved at your level.
- Always follow and stick to ADRA Sudan policies and procedures, code of conduct, and donor regulations and ensure they are followed.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency International is a humanitarian agency operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church for the purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. It was founded in 1956, and it is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America.
What services does ADRA?
ADRA’s areas of expertise include: Education, Emergencies, Food/nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Health, Refugees and IDPs, Shelter, Training and development, Water and sanitation, Women, Children, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme management, and Security.
The organization’s mission statement is: “ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible actions.”.
How to Apply ?
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)