Business Support Assistant (HR) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Business Support Assistant (HR) (178105)|
|Location||Sudan – El Obeid|
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Business support Assistant (HR) is handling the daily administrative and duties of the HR unit, he assists HR unit with HR record maintenance, HR digitization process , and payroll processing, recruitment, and provide HR support to a variety of HR Partners.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform Administrative duties such as extract and input data from various sources in the human resource database.
- Assistant HR Unit to respond to human resources queries from staff in the unit and elsewhere in the Programme
- Verify benefit and other human resources related claims for accuracy and conformance with personnel rules and regulations.
- Assist supervisor(s) in monitoring the contractual status and ensure the timely preparation and issuance of contract renewals
- Check and maintain personnel files for all staff at the area of responsibility
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of human resources statistical data from computer files, records, reports or from other sources for HR use
- Assist in the preparation of administrative reports; draft routine correspondence; arrange for briefings and debriefings and take notes at meetings.
HR data Maintenance
- Maintain data integrity in databases and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Maintain Digital and Electronic records of the employees as per WFP guidelines
- Create, check and maintain electronic personnel files for all staff ensuring all documentation is complete; maintain, update and file confidential personnel information and documents, ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files.
- Increase the HR processes effectiveness, efficiency and productivity
- Increase the awareness of the staff on HR policies and procedures
- Support the HR electronic system and digitalizationprocess
Leadership Frame Work
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others||Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change||Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth||Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks and propose new ways of doing things||Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives|
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Easily deal with Microsoft Office, excel Suite or related software.
- Good background on HRIS software
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience on handling the daily administrative and HR duties of the HR unit
- experience on maintain data integrity in databases and initiate corrective actions
- experience in electronic filling
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
- Females Candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV or UN P11 form, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date for this position is on 19/11/2022