IT Operations Assistant – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||IT Operations Assistant, (Multiple Duty Stations) and Roster (Level 5)|
|Grade||Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education|
|Posted Date||24th May 2022|
|Closing date||6th June 2022|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s ICT team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused ICT services and deploying technology solutions that will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for talented IT Operations Assistants to be based in our duty stations of Kabkabiya (Fixed Term), Kutum (Fixed Term), Mukja (Fixed Term), El Fula (Fixed Term), Damazine (Fixed Term), Ed Daein (Fixed Term), Gereida (Fixed Term), Gedaref (02 Service Contract) Port Sudan (Service Contract) and Nyala (02 Service Contract), in Sudan, to be hired on either a Fixed Term Contract at G5 level or a Service Contract SC5 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
IT Operations Assistant, delivers high-quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE)
Under the overall supervision of the IT Operations Officer in Khartoum, the IT Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of Secondary school education preferably supplemented by tertiary learning in Information Technology, computer science or any relevant field.
Experience: Four years of experience related to Information Technology assignments in very busy environments.
Language: Fluent in both English and Arabic
Closing date: 6 June 2022
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants are advised to indicate the duty stations of their preference when answering screening questions and in their cover letters
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED