Finance Officer – Welthungerhilfe
|28/05/2021 – 20/06/2021
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
in El Fasher, North Darfur
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be El Fasher, North Darfur, Sudan.
As Finance Officer you are responsible for the financial-administrative implementation of our projects in North Darfur in accordance with internal and donor guidelines (WFP, UNDP, BMZ and German Federal Foreign Office). You will implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
- Ensuring that project funds are correctly managed and documented so Head of Project can assume budgetary responsibility
- Ensuring costs are cleared internally within a project or between projects
- Preparing annual account documents in cooperation with Head of Project and Head of Finance in Country Office
- Preparation of refunds/returns/final fund requests to donors
- Instructing, advising and supervising local administrative staff
- Correctly managing project inventory and vehicle fleet
- Supporting project partner organizations in financial management
- Review procurement requests and contracts to ensure availablity of budget and compliance wiht procurement procedures
- A university or polytechnic degree or a completed commercial training in a relevant field like accounting and/or controlling
- At least 3 years of project-related professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for an international (aid) organization
- WFP, UNDP, BMZ and German Federal Foreign Office donor experience is desired
- Excellent communication and inter-cultural skills
- Coordination and organizational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with occasional volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English; Arabic language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 20, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.