Finance Officer (9620) – Welthungerhilfe
|Posting Title:||Finance Officer (9620)|
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global community to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kassala, Sudan.
As Finance Officer you will manage the Kassala and Gedaref project finances, ensuring compliance with financial management standards to make a significant contribution towards the success of Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) work.
- Ensuring that the projects’ financial administrative processes at the project location are auditable and efficient and carrying out financial administrative controls at project level
- Managing the work of the Finance team at the field office level
- If necessary, instructing and supporting the project partner organizations in financial management so that they fulfil their contractual obligations towards WHH and donors in accordance with the partner contract and in an auditable manner
- Refinancing Control – ensuring that cost sharing of salaries and running costs (office & vehicles) is checked for available budgets and booked for all suboffices on time each month
- Checking statutory calculations (Tax, Social, ZAKAT and Medical Insurance) and ensuring payments are made and booked before the end of every month
- Closely reviewing partner financial reporting and ensuring that bookings are made monthly
- Reviewing voucher files for completeness and ensuring that they are signed by Heads of Project and Head of Finance on a monthly basis, and ensure voucher scanning is done
- Preparation of all Donor Financial Reports and ensuring timely submissions to Head of Finance
- Project budget modifications in Project Management Software based on current market prices
- With support from Country Office, lead in conduct of internal and external audits as well as donor spot checks
- Providing financial review on procurement requests and contracts to ensure availability of budget and compliance with approved procurement regulations and best value for money principles
- Cross checking with the Operations Department whether fuel and office supply records are in place and updated monthly for each office
- Providing superb team management and leadership to develop a high performing Finance team that gives timely support to Programmes & Operations Departments
- A university degree in accounting or equivalent qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional Finance experience with an International NGO
- Experience in manageing funded projects by BMZ, WFP and GIZ
- Good management skills to ensure proper functioning of the department
- Tactful and diplomatic, able to deal with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience working in remote and fragile contexts
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing, with fluency in English required; knowledge of Arabic is an additional asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 17, 2022. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.