Budget Officer – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Abyei (SDN)|
|Start Date||01 July 2021|
|Duration||until 30 June 2022 with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief Budget Officer (CFBO), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- – Prepares and submits draft cost estimates for review/finalization by the CFBO;
- – Analyses and approves the requirements submitted by the mission’s administrative sections and
- substantive offices;
- – Manages and prepares the allotments, sub-allotments and redeployment of funds when necessary in
- order to ensure that funds are available to carry out the mission’s activities;
- – Assist the CBO in the preparation of budget performance reports and other reports as required;
- – Liaises with section chiefs, substantive offices and the office of the Head of the Mission to coordinate on budgetary matters;
- – Keeps record of requisition and purchase orders raised by Account Holders;
- – Review and monitor budget expenditures;
- – Assist CFBO in elaboration of resource agreements;
- – Undertake research and provide support to CFBO;
- – Monitor budget implementation;
- – Completes monthly staffing incumbency reports;
- – Produces monthly expenditure reports for distribution to Section Chiefs.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university is required, preferably in Finance, Business
- Administration, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
Required experience: 60 Months
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in budget or finance. Experience in the area of
- Budgeting and Financial management systems is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other finance, economics and administration related experience.
Area of expertise details:
Area of Budgeting and Financial management systems.
Driving license: Yes.
Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Integrity.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 04 June 2021.