Head of Project – WFP Programming – Welthungerhilfe
|Posting Title:||Head of Project – WFP Programming (9622)|
|Duty Station:||El Fasher|
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global community to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Project – WFP Programming*
in El Fasher
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be El Fasher, Sudan.
As Head of Project – WFP Programming you will monitor and oversee the implementation of food security projects in North Darfur. You will analyse the humanitarian context and support Welthungerhilfe Sudan’s response strategy. Furthermore, you will organize, follow up and capacitate the project teams, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreements and the quality standards of Welthungerhilfe.
- Manage implementation of WFP project that includes in-kind food distribution, Cash Based Transfer, Food Assistance for Assets and nutrition specific intervention such as Outpatient Theraupitic feeding Programme and Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programme (TSFP), Home Fortification, Emergency Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (eBSFP) and Food Based Prevention of Malnutrition (FBPM)
- Spearhead piloting of integrated nutrition sensitive intervention in collaboration with WFP
- Manage communication and information flow between WFP and Welthungerhilfe at North Darfur level
- Lead the proposal development process of WFP Operation for North Darfur
- Lead negotiation process of Field Level Agreement (FLA) with WFP at North Darfur level
- Keep track of all changes to the FLA and update Welthungerhilfe Country Office
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of reports and invoices to WFP
- Manage project resources e.g. staff, equipment and funds
- Identify and create opportunities for project staff capacity development
- Manage national NGO partner organizations and ensure that they comply to Welthungerhilfe and WFP regulations while undertaking project activities
- Ensure that all Welthungerhilfe staff and national partner staff involved in the project are compliant to Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) and Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption policies
- A university or polytechnic degree in international/rural development, nutrition, agriculture, project management, or a related field
- At least 3-5 years of project management experience in humanitarian or development programming, preferably in the region
- Experience managing and developing WFP programming
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and a willingness to work in difficult settings
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Fluency in English is required, and a very good command of both written and spoken Arabic would be a strong asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 24, 2022. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.