Compliance Officer – Islamic Relief Worldwide
|Job Title :||Compliance Officer|
|BASE LOCATION:||Khartoum, Sudan|
|SALARY and Grade:||550 USD Gross Salary G 6 Step 3|
|REPORTING TO:||Head of Programmes, Sudan|
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Through capacity building and through technical and programme support, the International Programme Division keeps the organization focused on the socio-economic and humanitarian needs of vulnerable people. The division reinforces IR’s implementing structure to enable these people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organization is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises,
The division increases the organization’s ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organization’s donors.
Lead compliance adherence based on the donors guidelines for all the projects at country level. This compliance officer role will be a crucial in putting in place the compliance system at country office level. Taking lead in arranging orientation for all the relevant departments for newly approved projects.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Has regular contact with all the PDQ Department, Programme Department and Finance Department. Close contact with the Head of Programmes and Country Director.
Scope of the Role:
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic Relief values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. Compliance Officer will ensure adherence of all the procedural requirements based on the guidelines from different donors are in place for all the projects.
Responsibility for Resources: None.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
Key Accountability 1: Compliance Management
- Monitor and facilitate the compliance of all departments against donors’ requirements.
- Oversee the adherence with project requirements and timelines, work closely with finance and program team to develop and maintain standardized project administrative, monitoring, and reporting tracking tools.
- Evaluate and observe budget consumption through BVAs & initiating action on major variances noticed.
- Ensure compliance with donor policies and manual.
- Coordination with a partner to meet the reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance with the reporting schedule.
- Following Audit & Compliance SOPS.
- Ensure the documentation and calculation are complete and correct.
- Ensure the observation raised during the last external audit and compliance review are followed up and complied.
- Report any issues raised by the auditors to the Finance Manager, Head of Programmes, and Country.
Director Key Accountability 2: Programme Finance Management
- Support the programme team in preparing/drafting the budget for CNs and Proposals.
- Support the programme team in preparation/drafting the budget narrative for CNs & Proposals.
- Support the Programme Development and Grants Manager (PD&G Manager) in finalizing the budgets & budget narratives for CNS & Proposals.
- Support the programme and PD&G Manager in transferring the prepared budgets on IRW formats and getting reviewed from the finance department.
- Preparing the BRS and Risk Registers for all the new CNs and Proposals
- Bachelor or Master Degree in any finance/commerce
- At least three years’ work experience in the development sector, specific to donor compliance, budgets preparation and grants management,
- Has relevant knowledge of and experience in compliance guidelines/requirements with respect to different institutional donors including EU, ECHO, UN and other INGOs.
- Has experience in working with children and communities on child-rights and gender-transformative program and projects
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, fluency in English and Arabic.
- three years’ experience of working with International NGOs in Sudan, particularly in area of compliance and finance management.
- Familiarity with the budget preparation, tracking systems for financial monitoring etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance and financial management particularly in NGOs
- Able to initiate compliance requirements are in place for all the projects
- Advanced IT skills, particularly in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Able to build the capacity of others
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support.
- Good written and spoken English; able to contribute to written donor reports.
- Committed to Islamic Relief Worldwide values and code of conduct.
- Willing and able to travel for up to 10% of the role
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Language skills in Arabic
Approved By Country Director
Women’s are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates may submit their CV (including current address and contact numbers), copies (only) of relevant certificates and a covering letter to Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC’s Labour Office) Jamhoria Street, Khartoum And send their CV via this Email: [email protected] applications should reach latest by 15 days Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.