How to Apply for Open Vacancies in the US Embassy of Khartoum
We extend our appreciation to you for considering the U.S. Mission in Sudan as a potential employer.
The U.S. Mission in Sudan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Welcome to ERA, the Electronic Management System powered by Monster.com!
Our recruitment process has shifted from a paper-based process to a web-based system. All applicants are required to apply electronically through the website for all jobs at the U.S. Embassy. This modernized process will make applying easier and improve our ability to communicate with applicants.
Applicants who do not have an ERA log-in can create an account from the ERA website. All applications and required supporting documents must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Introduction to ERA
Resources that may be helpful:
8 Qualities of Overseas Employees*
Overseas employees will demonstrate the following characteristics essential for being a successful member of the United States Embassy, Consulate, or Mission team:
- Composure and Integrity. To stay calm, poised, and effective in stressful or difficult situations; to be fair and honest.
- Cultural Adaptability. To work and communicate effectively and respectfully with others who are different (i.e. different gender, race, culture, sexual orientation, or religion); to recognize and respect differences.
- Change and Initiative. To accept change in the workplace; to accept work assignments and persist in their completion to a high standard.
- Experience and Motivation. To demonstrate knowledge and skills gained from previous experience; to express motivation for joining the United States Embassy, Consulate, or Mission.
- Information Integration and Resourcefulness. To absorb local and United States Government rules and regulation and apply them to work situations; to resolve problems using available resources and within the rules/regulations provided.
- Tactfulness. To speak and write respectfully as a representative of the United States Embassy, Consulate, or Mission.
- Planning and Organizing. To prioritize and order tasks effectively to maximize efficiency.
- Working With Others. To interact in a cooperative and harmonious way; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships.