Voucher Examiner – US Embassy
|Voucher Examiner – All Interested Applicants (Alternate Cashier)
|04/26/2022 – 05/17/2022
|LE – 0420 7
For More Info:
- HR Section
- [email protected]
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
Full Time (40hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Incumbent serves as the Financial Management Office (FMO) Voucher Examiner/Alternate Class B Cashier of Embassy Khartoum. Incumbent examines and processes vouchers for ICASS, OBO, PROG, PD, USAID, and DLO. Incumbent examines Utility, Telephones, ORE, Representation Vouchers, and all other vouchers pertinent to the FMO Office. The incumbent reports directly to the Financial Specialist and acts as backup to the other Voucher Examiner. Incumbent also acts as an Alternate Class B Cashier.Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, financial work, Private sector experience in accounting bookkeeping functions is required.
Thorough understanding and knowledge of applicable sections of Foreign Affairs Manual, Foreign Affairs Handbook, ICASS Handbook and cable guidance, Standardized Regulations, Administrative Policies, Appropriation Law “the GAO Redbook,” U.S. Government cashiering regulations and the purposes and organizations of supported agencies and their rules of operation.Education Requirements:
Completion of university degree in the field of accounting, auditing or finance within Business Administration is required.Evaluations:
English: Level IV (Fluent, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
Arabic: Level IV (Fluent, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to use a personal computer and other office equipment such as a copier and a fax and have a proficiency in computer applications such as Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
- Must be well organized, show attention to detail, and be able to communicate directly and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to comprehend and logically apply complicated regulations and procedures.
- Must possess excellent public relations skills essential to work directly with post management here in the Embassy.
- Incumbent must be able to work under pressure and be an active FMO team player.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in U.S. Mission may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- University Degree
- Other Document (Experience certificates)
- Other Document 2 (Experience certificates)
- Proof of Citizenship
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in U.S. Mission.