Shelter Officer (Gadarif) – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||24/05/2021, 10:49|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Shelter Officer Sudan Gedarif (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated shelter project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of project documents, both hard and softcopy
- Ensure quality implementation of project activities
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Organize and lead technical needs assessments, focus group discussions, contractor meetings, and technical discussions with stakeholders
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the technical project selection criteria
- Awareness raising and mobilization of beneficiary households in line with project goal
- Prepare informational materials for project beneficiaries/incentive workers in regard to BoQs and scope of works
- Organize and lead the supervision and monitoring of contractor work, works carried out by Daily/Incentive labor and/or repairs done by the beneficiaries themselves
- Consolidate site level BoQs for inclusion in procurement documents. Ensure that content specifications are precise and work with logistics to obtain samples as needed
- Develop technical specifications for materials and construction activities in coordination with Project Coordinator. Prepare Technical designs as required
- Organize and lead field level M&E activities specifically related to the technical aspects of project implementation and develop lessons learned documentation related to technical implementation
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components of shelter programming
- Represent NRC in relevant technical and coordination meetings, as delegated by the Shelter PDM
- Ensure that gender, age and protection mainstreaming are carried out in project activities
- Under supervision of Shelter PDM, support reporting to donors, coordination mechanisms, and internal NRC reporting.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in the field of Shelter preferable to be from the same area.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical Shelter expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
Travel: 90% will be daily travel to the project sites
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.