Shelter Assistant (Gedarif) – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||24/05/2021, 11:26|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Shelter Assistant Sudan Gedarif (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
- Supervision of Daily Workers and Incentive Labor
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well Government rules and regulations
- Assist with the implementation of the shelter portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC.
- Contribute to organizational learning through the provision specific community mobilization and technical analysis, lessons learned and reports
- Conduct needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- Explain to the beneficiaries and stakeholders project implementation methodology, BoQs, designs, scope of work, selection criteria, best use practices for materials and any other related beneficiary project documents
- Carry out regular follow-up visits with selected project beneficiaries during and post-project implementation
- Preparation of daily/weekly progress reports, instructions to contractors, variance orders,
- Produce site level BoQs and BoQ amendments, Scope of Work in accordance with NRC Technical minimum standards. Document existing condition of site/unit.
- Responsible for ensuring that safety of beneficiaries and workers in maintained throughout project implementation and that proper measures are taken to ensure safety concerns are immediately rectified.
- Respond to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit.
- Report on daily activities of Incentive labour and complete documentation in regard to attendance and performance
- Participate in activities at distribution sites including registration of recipient households, verification of IDs, and signing of distribution lists by beneficiaries
- Conduct household level M&E activities and develop success stories from project implementation
- Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Officer and/or the Project Coordinator.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in the field of Shelter preferable to be from the same area.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical Shelter expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
Travel: 90% will be daily travel to the project sites
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.