Logistics Assistant (Khartoum) – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|The Norwegian Refugee Council
Logistics Assistant – Warehouse and Premises (Nationals Only)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC in Sudan: NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The Logistics assistant Warehouse and Premises has the day to day operational responsibility for warehouse and premises management.
- Implement NRC’s logistical systems and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports and plans as required.
- Maintain the warehouse clean and tidy, well organized and free from rodents and other pests.
- Ensure safety and security of materials and staff under his supervision.
- Receive goods and register all items in the stock (stock cards, stock report, archiving of documents…) according to the logistics handbook.
- Dispatch goods to requesters and register all movements as per the logistics handbook procedures.
- Immediately report any losses, damages or discrepancies.
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and offloading of all materials
- Assist in the periodic stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic inventory audits
- Supervise the technical maintenance of all NRC premises (electricity, heating, A/C, plumbing, sewage, repairs and upgrades in buildings).
- Ensure continuous and safe power supply to NRC premises through the monitoring of city power, generator power and battery back-up power, troubleshooting, maintenance.
- Ensure availability of fluids such as water, gas and fuel for generators.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in the field of Logistics/Warehouse.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical Warehouse expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.