ICLA Assistant (Gadarif) – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||24/05/2021, 14:37|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist with day to day development and eventual implementation of the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Programme in Gedaref. The ICLA assistants will support ICLA assessments to be conducted in the different States to help develop ICLA program. In addition to this, they will be responsible for the provision of information, counselling and legal assistance services to displacement affected communities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of ICLA portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within ICLA as delegated
- Responsible for organising and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Support ICLA needs assessments and scoping studies to be conducted in different States to develop the ICLA programme in Gedaref.
- Undertake analysis of the national legal framework governing ICLA thematic areas such as housing, land and property rights amongst others in Sudan. Compile up-to-date information on relevant law, procedures and policies in Sudan.
- Conduct group information sessions, designed to raise awareness and provide information to on ICLA thematic areas.
- Provide legal counselling, legal assistance and collaborative dispute resolution for beneficiaries who require more detailed information or assistance on ICLA services.
- Support in identifying potential local partners/ legal aid providers and building their capacity to provide services in line with NRC and ICLA standards and procedures.
- Input and update beneficiary data into ICLA’s case management tools.
- Contribute to monthly progress reports on activities, highlighting any technical or operational successes and difficulties
- Adhere to ICLA policies, donor agreements, work plans, budgets and procurement plans.
- Adhere to NRC’s Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies and procedures, and coordinate with these support departments to ensure timely implementation of ICLA activities.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience with some familiarity with Housing Land and Property, Legal identity and civil documentation laws, procedures and practices operative in Sudan.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.