ICT Officer – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Information Technology and Systems|
|Apply Before||06/05/2021, 17:02|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Role and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at area office leve
- Ensure that network access privileges, applications, data storage and regular backups are configured and maintained
- Contribute to information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements if required
- Visit Al Liri Field Office to provide support for internet setup according to ICT-HO Standards, and submit visit report as per NRC standards highlighting key technical recommendations
- Ensure ICT equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are timely made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action & procedures, monitor, and facilitate repairs
- Monitor, operate, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at area level as per defined NRC standards
- Keep track and ensure proper handover, including signatures for all ICT equipment
- Work with Logistics to ensure that ICT equipment is tagged, and any loss/damage is reported as per standards
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency, and cost efficiency principles in all processes
- Experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Preferred to be located in South Kordofan
- Service minded, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
We can Offer
- Duty Station: South Kordofan, Sudan
- Salary/Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.