Logistics Officer – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||06/05/2021, 13:58|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guideline
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents in accordance with Securing Supporting Documentation (SDD) guidelines
- Plan for supply of goods and services required by the NRC operation within South Kordofan including the preparation of monthly logistics reports
- Implement and/or manage all activities pertaining to procurement services (Sourcing, Procurement, Delivery, Asset Management and Support implementation)
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests, invitation to bids (ITB’s) and/or tenders in collaboration with CO Logistics team
- Manage and ensure that NRC’s assets are well maintained at all times
- Support and coordinate the work of logistics staff (Logistics Assistants and Drivers)
- Arrange vehicles for the Travel Authorization Request (TAR) of the programs for South Kordofan staff, or for other staff travelling to other field offices
- Responsible for management of all activities at the warehouse/stock in South Kordofan
- Fleet and generator management (coordination meeting with drivers, fuelling, logbook tracking, etc.)
- Handle transportation of goods and supplies to and from field offices by road or air cargo.
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good computer skills – MS Office & database
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Preferred to be located in South Kordofan
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes is an advantage
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
Females are highly reccomended to apply
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.