Senior Guard – US Embassy
|Hiring Agency:||American Embassy Khartoum|
|Position Title:||Senior Guard – Current Mission Employees Only (Team Leader)|
|Open Period:||03/22/2021 – 04/05/2021|
|Series/Grade:||LE – 0710 5|
|work schedule:||Full Time|
IN Khartoum, SU
For More Info:
- HR Section
- [email protected]
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
This is a supervisory position in the Regional Security Office (RSO), the incumbent will supervise local guards assigned to safeguard US Government personnel, property and prepare their performance evaluation. Generates incident reports, respond to emergency situations, utilize security equipment and participates in security drills and defensive operations.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of progressive experience in police or military work, with one of those years in a supervisory capacity, OR four years of professional experience in a position requiring independent judgment and motivation is required.
Successful completion of Secondary School (the equivalent of US High School) is required.
English: Level III (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
Arabic: Level IV (Fluent, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use firearms safely and effectively. (This may be tested)
- Ability to communicate quickly and clearly to emergent situations.
- Ability to write short, concise incident reports.
- Ability to communicate verbally over telephone and radio or in person.
- Ability to work as a team member and to lead others in a supervisory capability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in U.S. Mission may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- High School Diploma
- Other Document (Experience certificates)
- Other Document 2 (Experience certificates)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in U.S. Mission.