Human Resource and Administration Officer – SFCG
KHARTOUM, SUDAN /
HUMAN RESOURCES – AFRICA – CENTRAL & EAST /
FULL TIME – LOCAL
Application deadline: 11 March 2021
The Human Resource & Administration Officer would be responsible for the coordination of the Sudan Country Office’s human resource activities in the areas of recruitment, remuneration and benefits administration, employee relations, training and development, performance management, employee data management and local HR policy formulation and implementation, as well as the procurement of external vendors to support the office’s activities and operations.
Human Resource Management:
- Responsible for administration and implementation of global HR practices that support the global strategy
- In coordination with Regional HR, responsible for the design and administration of local adaptation of HR policies, information dissemination and compliance
- Ensures that all contractual services (staffing, consultancies and other services) are in compliance with local labor laws and global HR policies
- Responsible for coordination of recruitment processes to include workforce planning, vacancy management, selection process, staff onboarding and personnel records management
- Provides consultation in staff disciplinary process in order to ensure compliance with local labour laws and HR policies; primary advisor to management on appropriate actions for prevention and response to employment related legal concerns
- Provide consultation for employee grievance program, ensuring issues are managed within policy and local labor regulations
- Responsible for building staff capacities through administration and management of training and development programs
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and administering remuneration, assist in the administration of local competitive market information and implementation of rewards programs
- Administer the Country Office initiated and government mandated benefit programs and plan administration; monitor utilization, serves as liaison with vendors and provides analysis and consultation on plan design
- Responsible for implementation and coordination of organizational performance management process; ensure annual goal setting, routine performance feedback for staff, year-end appraisals completion and regional reporting
- Provide support in preparation of monthly payroll, ensuring maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances and income-tax calculations and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, local laws and regulations
- Responsible for procurement of office supplies, equipment and other goods/services required for the implementation of program activities, including specialized consultants and companies.
- Responsible for the coordination of staff travel; establish and execute procedures for travel requests and authorization conforming to the travel policy
- Provide leadership to administration staff to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the Country Office and that quality customer service is provided.
- Design, implement and manage administrative systems for efficient office functioning.
- Oversee the executing of contracts for the acquisition of goods and services on behalf of the Country Office, including rental agreements.
- Monitor the vendor list and assets register and ensure that they are updated and shared with finance regularly.
- Liaise and represent Search with government offices, including the Humanitarian Aid Commission.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or relevant discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience as a human resource professional, preferably in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in procurement and inventory management will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of office administration practices and standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Good understanding of local employment laws and other government statutory requirements
- Prior experience with Human Resource Information Management Systems (data management and reporting)
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.