Voice Actor – SFCG
Search is an international conflict transformation NGO that aims to transform the way individuals, groups, governments, and companies deal with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions. Headquartered in Washington DC, USA, and Brussels, Belgium, with 55 offices in 34 countries, Search designs and implements multifaceted, culturally appropriate, and conflict-sensitive programs using a diverse range of tools, including media and training, to promote dialogue, increase knowledge and determine a positive shift in behaviors. Operating in Sudan since 2009, Search has developed and implemented innovative peacebuilding programs in collaboration with local Sudanese NGOs. Our work in Sudan seeks to empower women and other marginalized groups and encourage greater inclusivity in the peace processes and governance in Sudan.
Search in partnership with the International Foundation for Electoral Systems, the International Republican Institute, and the National Democratic Institute, with associate partners Internews, is implementing a project that supports the development of Sudan’s governance and electoral institutions; promotes inclusive participation of all voters in the elections; and the revival of political parties, civil society organizations, and media. The three-year program, supported by USAID, targets the entirety of Sudan and has the overall goal of establishing and strengthening democratic institutions, stakeholders, and processes that will administer transitional elections and lay the foundations for a more peaceful, inclusive, and democratic Sudan.
Search is looking to hire skilled Voice Actors for its ongoing project which focuses on Improving Electoral and Political Processes for Change in Sudan. The Voice Actor, supported by the Radio Specialist, will lead in acting out a radio drama script that captures the purpose of the project. The Voice Actor will bring the drama’s characters to life creatively. The Voice Actor will be responsible for preserving and enriching developed characters’ voices, ensuring that dialogue is catchy, representative of Sudan’s diverse communities and most importantly informative of the electoral processes, requirements and systems in a conflict-sensitive manner. S/he is expected to attend rehearsals and recordings in a timely, professional and collaborative manner.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Will report to the Radio specialist and is expected to uphold the following responsibilities:
- Act out written scripts in an accurate, creative and timely manner
- Collaborate with the Radio Specialist during rehearsals and recordings to produce radio drama episodes
- Actively incorporate feedback received during rehearsals to improve vocal performance
- Attend all rehearsals and recording sessions in a timely manner
- Collaborate with other voice actors to produce radio drama episodes
- Ensure the accurate, respectful and conflict-sensitive representation of different characters from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Actively incorporate and reflect feedback received on preliminary recordings to improve radio scripts
- At least five (5) years of experience in radio acting
- University degree in art or academic courses in the field of acting or its equivalent
- Able to work long hours according to work requirements
- Knowledgeable of Sudanese dialects and the classical language
- Fully committed to the work period, which may exceed a month
- Great attention to detail
- Energetic and creative
- Advanced interpersonal skills – able to communicate and resonate with diverse individuals
- A good team player and ready to work with diverse team of employees
To apply, interested candidates are requested to submit the following two documents:
-Financial offer/Actor fee
Application deadline: September 19, 2022
The consultancy will be between September 2022 to December 31, 2022. The consultant will be paid per episode featured on.
For any related questions, kindly write to Radio Specialist – Mohamed Oleysh Ahmed at ([email protected]).
This opportunity is open to Sudanese nationals only.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.