Program Officer – SFCG
BLUE NILE, SUDAN /
PROGRAMS – AFRICA – CENTRAL & EAST /
FULL TIME – LOCAL
Application deadline: 11 March 2021
The Program Officer would be responsible in coordinating and implementing country office programs, develop capacity among affiliate partners in program implementation, management, evaluation and promotes networking with program stakeholders.
- Responsible in the implementation of organization’s strategic plans by planning and conducting project activities and develop of partnerships to ensure participation in program activities
- Coordinates with the Program Coordinator, other project staff and affiliate partners to establish clear work plans, implement and monitor the implementation of key project activities, including small-scale peace and livelihood initiatives
- Facilitate some of the project’s key community activities
- Support staff and affiliate partners in aligning programs with goals and objectives, also follows-up on work plans, deliverables and reporting by affiliate partners
- Provide on-site visits to program affiliate partners and beneficiaries to monitor progress, assess program effectiveness and recommend program modification
- Prepare administrative and procurement documents related to the implementation of Search and partner-led activities in the field in a timely manner
- Provides documentation and status reports for donor requirements
- Collaborate with Search’s Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Teams to establish and effectively use monitoring tools to capture our project’s results and lessons
- Contributes to communication efforts around the project’s results, including by collecting stories, contributing to communications’ campaigns led by Search headquarters, provide updates for Search’s website and social media
- Liaises with other peace focused organizations for the development of best practices
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work or relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non-profit organization
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to travel to program locations
- Experience working and living in Blue Nile, required
This position is based in Blue Nile. We will only consider applicants already living and/or working in Blue Nile.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.