Multi Sector Project Manager – World Vision
|Multi Sector Project Manager
|Type of contract
|Fixed term, Full-time
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide managerial and technical support for the implementation of ECHO Emergency and humanitarian funding including community resilience related projects in South Darfur State.
To spearhead the design and development of recovery projects in World Vision Sudan South Darfur program that will help the community to move from emergency and provide a platform for sustainable community involvement and recovery in coordination with all stakeholders.
To coordinate and integrate the use of cash and non-cash resources to promote early recovery and sustainable Livelihoods in the Program.
To provide technical support for early recovery and long term resilience programming in the program with a special focus on design, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating program activities at all levels.
Project Design, Planning, and Implementation:
- Assess needs in each sector and design program and operations interventions in collaboration with the Program team particularly EU humanitarian aid, EuropeAid and European MOFA aid assistance departments.
- Assist the Program Department team in their proposal preparation process for early recovery and community resilience projects.
- Prepare detailed plan of action in conjunction with Project Coordinators and Project Officers for new approved projects.
- Provide technical support to the field activities by monitoring and supervising execution processes.
- Assure full and complete compliance to WV policies and procedures.
- Ensure that program designing incorporates learning and recommendation at the design stage.
- Work closely with World Vision Sudan Sector Specialists and Advisors in proposal preparation for livelihoods recovery projects.
- Establish short-term and long-term outcome measures for the emergency livelihood programs.
- Proactively integrate livelihood activities into other programming to ensure emergency practices are in alignment with the approaches needed for economic recovery and livelihood security.
- Produce the required weekly, monthly, quarterly and end project reports related to operation of recovery programs in South Darfur. Ensure all incidences that would affect program accomplishments are reported.
Program Management, Monitoring, and Supervision:
- Ensure all sectors have regular plans for efficient and effective project monitoring.
- Ensure resources available to Sectors are utilized efficiently and effectively (funds, staff, and materials).
- Assist in the design of monitoring systems and promote their use in the field.
- Reviewing of sector activity reports and provision of feedback to the area offices.
- Ensure all the donor, program standards and objectives are aligned to World Vision global and national strategies.
- In Coordination with M&E Team and assist Project Coordinators in assessment, baseline, impact studies, monitoring and evaluation, and mainstreaming of cross cutting themes in programming.
- Oversee the feedback mechanism for assessments, evaluation, baseline, and any other field related activities.
- Provide oversight (act) for the day to day operations of the program when Associate Operations Director is absent from Darfur.
Integration, Coordinating, and Reporting:
- Assist the Associate Operations Director in ensuring that humanitarian aid activities are in line with the overall strategic direction of the WV Sudan Program.
- Work with QA department especially Sector Advisors/Officers responsible for the quality work in all intervention sectors.
- Assist project focal persons to promote and facilitate proper integration of the various components of WV South Darfur Programs including food assistance.
- Work closely with sector officers and ensure follow up on all sector developments of WV Sudan South Darfur Program.
- Effectively networking and coordinating sector activities with other humanitarian agencies and government line ministries including HAC that are involved in emergency operations.
- Support Sector Officers to produce timely weekly, monthly, donor, and other reports, provide summarized project accomplishment updates to the Associate Operations Director on Monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- In cooperation with the M and E team, ensure the South Darfur Strategy performance reporting is done as per plan.
- Ensure the HAC report is done based on the given timeline and quality required by HAC.
- Work with staff to document Best Practices and Lessons Learnt.
- Review new proposal budgets to ensure the budgets are allocated per the requirements and expectations of the organization and donors.
- Develop budget versus actual tracking tools that compliments World Vision Sudan financial tracking systems for use by project coordinators.
- Oversee budget preparation and on-going project expenditure reviews in coordination with area offices, project coordinators, project officers, and sector officers.
- In coordination with the finance department, provide training to project staff on financial planning and budgeting, and conducting monthly expenditure reviews.
- Prepare all the necessary contract standards in coordination with logistics and finance that meets to technical requirements.
Human Resources Development:
- Work with project staff to identify training needs of staff, and other relevant community partners, including program beneficiaries.
- Assist in the design and implementation of on-the-job training for staff and other partners, and the sourcing of training materials for staff.
- Help identify staff that will take over leadership of the program and ensure that skills transfer training and mentoring takes place.
- Support HR to identify key training opportunities for staff, and work with program staff to source funds for their training.
- Assist with the training of staff in safeguarding, core competencies and code of conduct.
- Liaise with program department to communicate with donors and support offices on program design, fund raising, planning, accountability, adequate reporting and grants compliance with donor agreements.
- Liaise with NGOs and, EU humanitarian aid – Sudan technical assistants, UN agencies to ensure coordination of inputs and resources for all sectors activities.
- Liaise with local and governmental authorities to ensure compliance with local regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree in Development/Social Studies or related field. Masters degree an advantage.
- 3 to 5 years overseas field experience with NGOs in developing countries and fragile post conflict contexts.
- Experience in working in relief situations.
- Experience managing large portfolio of grants of not less than EUR 3 million from EC, ECHO, BHA, GAC, SIDA, DFID and SHF.
- Project management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation (including food assistance programming and early recovery projects).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong detail orientation and sound negotiation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office, Lotus Notes and related software.
- Good understanding of the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct, Sphere Standards and adherence to Humanitarian Principles.
- Humanitarian work experience t addressing the needs of children and women.
- Good understanding of the Charter of the Rights of Children and safeguarding.
- Experience with rapid assessments and planning and implementation of projects in areas of prevention, reintegration, and education for marginalized population groups.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team to contribute to team efforts.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physically hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement and participation in devotions.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cash and voucher programming systems.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Arabic.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.