Livelihoods and Food Security Assistant Sudan Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Posting Date||11/01/2021, 20:20|
|Apply Before||30/01/2021, 20:20|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines as well as Government rules and regulations
- Technical Supervision of Daily Workers and Incentive Labour
- Assist with the implementation of the LFS/COVID-19 awareness portfolio according to plan of action
- Assist in the preparation and development of status reports as required by supervisors
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies
- Ensure that projects target beneficiary sites/units most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components of LFS programming, including the COVID-19 response.
- Actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC.
- Assist in developing work plans for the technical aspects of LFS activities
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level.
- Collaborate with teams from other CC’s to ensure that project beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs
- Conduct needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- In collaboration with other team members, conduct door to door visits to potential beneficiary household sites and correctly fill project related technical/social forms and questionnaires.
- Explain the project methodology, beneficiary selection criteria, scope of works, to the beneficiary
- Supervise and monitor data collection in the field, works carried out directly by the staff and/or by Daily/Incentive labor
- Respond to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints regarding social aspects of implementation directed by Project Officer/Coordinator and M&E unit
- Report on performance and social aspects daily activities of Incentive labor and complete documentation regarding technical performance
- Participate in field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation as directed by LFS Officer/Coordinator
- Conduct household level M&E activities specifically related to the social aspects of project implementation, including baseline/endline surveys, registration of beneficiaries, etc.
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of MoUs, agreements, hand over documents for beneficiaries and authorities.
- Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Officer and/or the Project Coordinator.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience working as a Project assistant/data collector during awareness campaigns in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in spoken and written and Arabic. Knowledge of written and spoken English is an added value
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Social/health background, or relevant work experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Experience in working in humanitarian projects with an NGO, charity or similar organization is an added value
- Basic knowledge in developing and following through on implementation of humanitarian projects.
- Experience in overseeing data collection, community mobilization activities and awareness campaign.
- Proven experience in performing assigned tasks in an efficient and effective manor
- Basic experience in coordinating the social aspects of implementation activities carried out by Daily/Incentive labor teams
- Local knowledge of areas of implementation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills, especially in Word and Excel.
For Moe Jobs From The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses