Programme Monitoring Officer – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of PME Specialist , the International UN Youth Volunteer will perform the following duties:
- · Situation Monitoring and Assessment: Provide support to ensure that the Country Office and national partners have timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies.
- · Programme Performance Monitoring: Provide support to ensure that the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans.
- · Evaluation: Provide support to ensure that a well-prioritised and strategic selection of evaluations at programme or Country Office strategy level is managed in order that each evaluation is designed and carried out with quality process and products and that evaluation results are useful to the intended audience.
- · Communication and Partnerships: Provide technical support to ensure that all of the above tasks are carried out and accomplished through effective communication and partnerships.
- · Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- · Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- · Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- · Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- · Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- · Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly arrived UN Volunteers;
Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Education – Additional Comments:
Social Sciences, Development Planning, Planning, Evaluation, Statistical Research or related fields.
Required experience: 24 Months.
up to 2 years in programme development and implementation including monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Development programme management
Area of expertise details:
- · Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- · Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- · Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- · Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- · Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others)
Working knowledge of other UN language is an advantage.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which
you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 26 January 2021.
For Jobs From United Nations Volunteers Visit: UNV Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses