HR and Administration Assistant Sudan Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|The Norwegian Refugee Council
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Any other responsibility as identified and assigned by the HR Manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Assist the HR Officer in ensuring adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Supports human resources processes by administering tests, scheduling appointments, conducting orientation, maintaining records and information.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information.
- Answers the telephone, relays messages, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Help organize and manage new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working in the HR unit for a minimum of 1 years
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluent both English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Preferred to be located in Gadarif
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum 1 years of experience
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Service minded, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
For Moe Jobs From The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses