Finance Assistant Sudan Khartoum – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Posting Date||07/01/2021, 11:03|
|Apply Before||21/01/2021, 11:03|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Any other responsibility as identified and assigned by the Finance Manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments
- Maintain up to date records and project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported
- Preparation of payment requests for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices
- Assist the Finance Manager or Finance Officer to perform cash and bank reconciliations
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done
- Assist Finance Manager or Finance Officer in tracking advance and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time
- Ensure that all support documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done
- Take a leading role in the scanning and online archiving of transaction supporting documents
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good in oral and written English and Arabic
- Good knowledge of the Khartoum context
- Minimum of University degree in Finance, Economics and any other related course
For Moe Jobs From The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses