Finance Manager (Open only to Sudan nationals) – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Posting Date||06/01/2021, 10:17|
|Apply Before||25/01/2021, 10:17|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
NRC Sudan is actively seeking an experieinced finance professional to lead the financial set up of the Sudan office according to NRC standard and to support programme and project implementation.
The Finance Manager will contribute to strategic and operational planning and decision-making through timely sharing of financial analysis and advice, especially through all stages of NRC’s Project Cycle Management approach. Specifically the role holder will be expected to:
- Champion strategic initiatives that improve Value-for-Money as agreed with the Country Management Group;
- Plan for annual closure of the accounts and responsible for coordinating preparation and timely delivery of audits and tax remittances;
- Establish and oversee a safe, robust and easily retrievable financial documentation and filing system for both hard and soft copies;
- Develop capacity of the Country Office and the Area Office finance teams to ensure that they meet NRC’s finance and grants management operating standards;
- Conduct training and mentoring in budget design, financial management/planning (including detailed spending plans) and monitoring procedures for all relevant national and international NRC personnel;
- Oversee financial systems review of ‘due diligence’ assessments of partners (e.g. in consortia, local partners), and support ad hoc training if necessary;
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, through working across programme and support teams and the development of relevant guidance and Standard Operating Procedures. Further, contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programmes by participating in assessments and response analysis discussions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or similar field, or commensurate experience
- Minimum four years of experience from working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems particularly Agresso/Unit4
- Previous experience as international staff in similar capacity
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Sudan is an advantage;
- Experience of specific donors’ financial reporting systems is an advantage, including: EU ECHO, US BPRM, German FFO, UK FCDO;
- Experience with start-up countries or programs is an advantage.
Duty Station: Khartoum
Duration: 24 months (renewable subject to funding and performance)
We will review applications on an ongoing basis, interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. Qualified female candidates are strongly encoraged to apply.
For Moe Jobs From The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses