Field Office Coordinator – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Position:||Field Office Coordinator|
|Salary/benefits||According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions|
|Duty station||Kutum, North Darfur|
|Closing Date||28th November 2022|
Field Office Coordinator Advertisement (National Position)
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms. All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The following is a brief description of the role:
The purpose of the Field Office Coordinator is to run the day-to-day support and program functions at the NRC Kutum field office. The Field Coordinator will be responsible for the NRC’s representation in Kutum locality, under the guidance of the Area Manager who will be based in El Fasher. The Field Office Coordinator, will be responsible to ensure all reporting required is submitted in a timely manner to El Fasher Area Office.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management in a regular basis
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure security support to projects targeting beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to support Program teams
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure a good working environment for NRC staff and volunteers
- Promote gender inclusion at the NRC office
- Provide support in the training and development of staff
- Ensure proper coordination with Area Office in El Fasher and maintain availability to respond to requests from the Finance or Support Coordinator and the Area Manager
- Line manages support staff at field office level
- Manage day to day HR & Admin, finance, logistics and security tasks of the field office
- Ensure adherence to Security and Risk Management policy and procedures
- Coordinate and assist with budgets and costs for the field office’s shared costs and support functions
- Ensure procurement procedures are in line with NRC policies
- Ensure HR procedures are in line with NRC’s global handbook
- Prepare and develop spending plans and forecast of expenditures.
- Provide support to project implementation at field office level
- Coordinate representation meetings with the UN, partners and authorities
- Fulfilling any other related tasks that may be assigned by supervisor.
Scale and scope of position
|Staff:||4 Support Assistants (1 HR/Admin, 1 HSS, 1 Finance, 1 Logistics/Procurement)|
|Stakeholders:||UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies|
|Budgets:||Support costs for field Office –|
|Information:||GORS, Agresso, Intranet, OKTA, NRC People|
|Legal or compliance:||term of employment, vendors, donors, CoC, TOR|
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Economics, Logistics, Business Administration, or social studies, or relevant sector to the role
- Experience from working in support functions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working as a Project Manager or Field Officer in a humanitarian or recovery context
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with (I)NGOs or UN agencies
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Preferably previous working experience in Kutum
• Preferably experience with start-up missions
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Kutum, North Darfur
To apply Kindly visit www.nrc.no careers. For hardcopy CVs kindly apply in Alfasher Labour Office.
Closing date: 28th November 2022